Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure I have seen the info I'm looking for on here before , but can't seem to find it. What would the limit for a -4 supply line be as far as jetting is concerned? My big shot plate has a -6 line right now. The class I'm looking at requires a -4 line.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just to give you an idea, my edelbrock performer rpm plate that was flowed with a -4 hose maxed out at a .110 jet (300 hp). A big shot or even a crosshair plate may allow for more jet so I'm sure others can chime in on that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just to give you an idea, my edelbrock performer rpm plate that was flowed with a -4 hose maxed out at a .110 jet (300 hp). A big shot or even a crosshair plate may allow for more jet so I'm sure others can chime in on that.
What solenoids did you flow through with the RPM plate? Regarding the -4 line, I've been told (by a reputable nitrous company) that length of the line can play a big role as well. I'm sure someone that knows more about this than me will chime in on this.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Pretty sure I have seen the info I'm looking for on here before , but can't seem to find it. What would the limit for a -4 supply line be as far as jetting is concerned? My big shot plate has a -6 line right now. The class I'm looking at requires a -4 line.
HAVING IT FLOWED IS CHEAP TESTING/INSURANCE....STEVE HAS GREAT AFTER SALE SERVICE!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Depends on length of the hose. Typically a trunk mounted -4 gives up around 200-250 from my experiences. Also keep in mind different brands of hose can have varying inside diameters, that info is usually pretty easy to find. Different hose ends can also have pretty different ID’s but that info is harder to get.

·
12,085 Posts
As mentioned getting a class restricted system flowed especially can be money well spent. As far as the OP's question, the length of the line is a big part as well as the jet spreads to correct nitrous to fuel ratio. We flow quite a few of these systems and if set up properly usual flow more then most expect..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts