·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many runs will you get out of a 10 # bottle on a 300 shot

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
Without knowing your combo I would think that if you could get a 2nd pass out of it it would start to go rich because of inconsistent pressure.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
2 1/8 or 1 1/4 pass if you want the tune to say consistant.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Agree with above. If I don't purge much, I can BARELY get 3 quarter mile passes out of a 10 lb with a 230 shot (28n/24f jets). Often the 3rd pass is a bit slower, so realistically, I only get 2 solid passes with that shot.

I'd be you'd be borderline on a 2nd pass with the bigger shot. BTW, that's on a 352" engine running high 10s on motor, mid 9s on bottle.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just installed a data logger and you can really see the pressure delta between start and finish drop much faster on each successive pass. Mine drops anout 40psi on packed cylinder first pass, about 100psi on second pass, and 150psi on third pass. That's with a 900 psi starting point on each pass. If you want to runs balls out on every pass, stay with only a pass or two before top-off. If just running for fun, get a third pass.

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im trying to figure out how much a buddy of mine is spraying he says 300 but he never made a pull pass on the 2 run and the first pass was not all there-

i think he is lying - besides he is running a nos controller - so its only coming on 10% and up car goes 8:60,s :peeing

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
wow that's spraying hard steve, I've never met anyone who sprays more than 150hp

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
How do they get by spraying so much without hurting parts!!

Martin
i wanna try a big tune up..like a 63/52....in each nozzzle,LOL,i wonder if the progressive could control that.would need a bottle on each solenoid..yikes!!

steve,you got some of those trashcan size solenoids over there?

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
getting closer steve on spraying will be calling soon :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts