Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all new to me.., went from leaf springs to a 4 link..
I watched a bunch of Youtube videos and hit the search, I've learned about anti squat, instant center, pinion angle and center of gravity...

I put a string on the truck from the contact patch to the center of the front wheel, up about the cam shaft height.
I measured 58" forward from the center of the rear wheel, the anti squat line was 15.5" up.
WB 119.8"
Center of gravity is about 31"
I need to re-weigh it, but last time it was
FL 1209LBS 30.7% FR 1086LBS 27.6%
RL 799LBS 20.3% RR 845LBS 21.5%
Total with driver 3940LBS
About 1100HP to the tires
Mickey Thompson 315/60/15 Pro drag radials
Menscer double adjustable Afco shocks with 175lbs springs

Any help would much appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
7,189 Posts
Where is your IC at? You should use an IC calculator, like Performance Trends or similar, or go to Baseline Suspensions and us the IC calculator they have on their website.

Put all the 4 link measurements in, so you have an idea where your IC is in relation to the CG and neutral line. All the other stuff is meaningless without it.

· Registered
7,189 Posts
The crank center line is 18” add 6” like a push rod V8.
Makes the CG 24”

View attachment 443663
That looks a little better. With a 31 in CGH I don't thing you could ever get above the neutral line to get some anti squat to hit those drag radials. Have you run it like this? Hopefully some drag radial guys will chime in. I never fooled with drag radial setups. Just slicks.

· Registered
5,251 Posts
Nice setup. I would defintely drop the bottom bar to the lowest hole on the rear housing, and raise the front of the bottom bar at least one hole, and maybe 2 if you need to. If the top bar isn't already in the hole closest to the housing in the rear, put it there and see what the number is. May not have move the top bar in the front to get what you need, I hate when the spread starts getting real close together in the front. Even minor changes in ride height can change the anti squat quite a bit, so make sure it's where you want it.

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put the upper arm in the hole closest to the rear housing and raised the front hole by 1
Lower arm I put the arm in the bottom hole and raised the front hole by 2
Im above the squat line.., is the instant center length too short?

Font Line Parallel Rectangle Symmetry

· Registered
7,189 Posts
I don't know if I would worry too much about the length, so much as I would that bottom bar angle. Its running uphill 2.75 inches..... :oops: Maybe some guys that are familiar with them can comment on that. If you over do it sometimes its not good.

· Registered
32 Posts
I know of a guy in ultra street running 38" IC and 18" high with 111" wheel base on 275 radials.... You maybe in the ball
park with that, they are about 16-1700 hp though @ 3250 lbs.
With your longer WB you maybe good, and your damn heavy in the nose.

· Registered
17,149 Posts
I would try and get at least some weld on the inside edge of those 4 link brackets on the housing. I'm about 166% anti squat in my Chevy II. From the pic, it appears you'll want more lower bar angle. Up on front holes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts