Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was scaled and settings made with the passenger side 4 link bar minus one bolt. I could get the rear weights within 35 pounds and stopped there. Appears that the shock body threads are damged a little from a set screw on the nut. It was left at that point, suspension was neutral and no anti roll bar. The car goes straight on the burn out and also going down track, but at the hit the car goes immediate right. I checked all the bars for bind and found nothing wrong. The rear suspension with me in the car is still in neutral. Any suggestions.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
70,540 Posts
What does this mean >> ....was scaled and settings made with the passenger side 4 link bar minus one bolt.
Do you maybe mean one "flat"?

What rear shocks .... D/A's or singles?

You're going to need some preload in the 4-link. Start with shortening the top right bar, one flat at a time. Have someone watch from the back of the car when you do your burnouts and look to see that both tires start to smoke at the same time. Once they do, you can use the shocks to fine tune the launch.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By making the bar shorter and putting preload in will that make the suspension bind. This was some of the problem that was discovered when the car was scaled to begin with. Just making sure I'm not going back to that same settings.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The car needs pre load to make it go straight. If you have no anti roll bar then you need load or rear steer. Do not screw the springs up and down to fix it that is what the bars are for. The springs should be the same side to side. If you need more help call me.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update. Shortened the bar by 2 flats and now has a minute twitch to the right. Maybe over the winter it will be time for a anti roll bar.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
70,540 Posts
Just an update. Shortened the bar by 2 flats and now has a minute twitch to the right. Maybe over the winter it will be time for a anti roll bar.
Thanks Rick
Good to hear. If you are running doubles adjustable shocks on the rear, you can tune this twitch out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts