Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ooops. Sorry. Upper axle bracket hole #2
It is just saying to move rear lower up hole. Only thing concerns me is I will need to lengthen the lower bar because the way my brackets are. How much needs to be threaded into the bar? I think the lower is not as much of an issue if I'm thinking correctly.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, the axle bracket lower bar needs to go up and back to that second hole. The threaded depth of the heim joint needs to be a minimum of the thickness of a normal nut, not a jam nut.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you go up to hole #3 on that axle bracket, the IC is extended in front of your center of gravity and out about 61" and up about 5.250", 49% anti-squat. That should make the launch a little bit lazy. Unfortunately, that #2 hole makes everything just hit the "sweet" spot on the 4-link Wizard program.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Barnes 4WD supply company has an extended length chrome moly heim joint. Bickel might also have something that could work. Might want to check into that to extend your bars just a little.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Barnes 4WD supply company has an extended length chrome moly heim joint. Bickel might also have something that could work. Might want to check into that to extend your bars just a little.
I've got some old ones I will look at how long they are. They are threaded in most of the way so would probably be ok. If left the bottom bar where its at and move the top bar down in the rear what would that give me? I think the IC would still be about 7" up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, you would have an IC height of 7". You would be moving your IC length out to 64" with 64% AS. If you move upper front bar down to #2 and lower bar front down to #1 hole, you will have an IC length of 50", IC height of 4.5 with 54% AS. Both of these settings put you out of Bickel's recommended starting settings. The first one puts you IC in front of your CG and the second puts you behind you CG.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes, you would have an IC height of 7". You would be moving your IC length out to 64" with 64% AS. If you move upper front bar down to #2 and lower bar front down to #1 hole, you will have an IC length of 50", IC height of 4.5 with 54% AS. Both of these settings put you out of Bickel's recommended starting settings. The first one puts you IC in front of your CG and the second puts you behind you CG.
Great info thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
This is where we ended up for now. The car is pretty close but think there may be a little more in it. Its pounding the wheelie bars pretty hard at this setting. 1.095 60' 5.01 @ 139 best so far. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This is where we ended up for now. The car is pretty close but think there may be a little more in it. Its pounding the wheelie bars pretty hard at this setting. 1.095 60' 5.01 @ 139 best so far. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.
Nice! Got any new video?
How long are your wheelie bars?
What's the rollout on your slick? I'm using 104" for Pat Hale's 4 Link program.
Plugging in your new 60ft time, it shows 68" bars pushing up 25lbs and 0lbs on the fronts. Bolt a coupla beers (pounders, of course) below the grill and yer dialed. :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nice! Got any new video?
How long are your wheelie bars?
What's the rollout on your slick? I'm using 104" for Pat Hale's 4 Link program.
Plugging in your new 60ft time, it shows 68" bars pushing up 25lbs and 0lbs on the fronts. Bolt a coupla beers (pounders, of course) below the grill and yer dialed. :)
Had 1 crappy video of any early pass but nothing good. I think they are 66" but don't really remember. Tires are 106" rollout. Suspension guy wants to move IC out a little more and try it again.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts