Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checkout this detailed video of 4 Link Angles, AntiSquat Line, Instant Center and finding your Center of Gravity. Planting your Slicks or Radials is doable as you begin to understand more about these principles and your drag car's chassis and double adjustable shocks and coil springs!

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How's this look?
Good hearing from you and you have a beautiful car!!! Love it! I agree with @str8liner on what the video show us. You have good separation on the hit, but I would add a couple of clicks of compression to see if if we can control that squat some more after the hit. However, before you change anything, are you happy with it and are your 60 foot times consistent? For a bracket car, I will always look for repeatability all day long as that wins races. If you are seeing some ET swings in the 60 Foot, then I would give it a couple more clicks of compression and see what happens to keep the slick planted longer. Don't go crazy with any changes, make small incremental changes, 1 at a time and test. You could always leave it as is, make a hit or two, give it more compression, take another pass and observe. I generally like that approach as the track will be different next time out, so baseline it first on that day, then make change and go from there.

Make sense?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Good hearing from you and you have a beautiful car!!! Love it! I agree with @str8liner on what the video show us. You have good separation on the hit, but I would add a couple of clicks of compression to see if if we can control that squat some more after the hit. However, before you change anything, are you happy with it and are your 60 foot times consistent? For a bracket car, I will always look for repeatability all day long as that wins races. If you are seeing some ET swings in the 60 Foot, then I would give it a couple more clicks of compression and see what happens to keep the slick planted longer. Don't go crazy with any changes, make small incremental changes, 1 at a time and test. You could always leave it as is, make a hit or two, give it more compression, take another pass and observe. I generally like that approach as the track will be different next time out, so baseline it first on that day, then make change and go from there.

Make sense?
Yes sir, we actually have it completely soft on compression trying to get bumps out down track. Think I will put a couple back in it. 60' is consistent 1.09-1.10 unless it hooks too hard. Seems pretty consistent but need a little more wheel speed I think.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not sure what you are after. Ride height of shocks or frame cross bar? 14.5 shock and if I remember right 8" for the cross bar. If that isn't what you are asking for tell from where and I'll figure it out.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
IC is set way out right now. Its 68 out 6.6" up 58% antisquat. We had it @ 60 6.8 and 67% antisquat but we were getting hard on the bars. Limited on hole selections as its older style 4 link car. We are shooting for 2200 ds rpm at .5 seconds but still around 1900-2000 at this point.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,108 Posts
Not sure what you are after. Ride height of shocks or frame cross bar? 14.5 shock and if I remember right 8" for the cross bar. If that isn't what you are asking for tell from where and I'll figure it out.
Thanks
I meant from the rocker/ actual clearance under the car. Not really related to this thread. sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the next video in the series focusing on coilover springs. The springs and shocks are a balanced part of the entire rear suspension.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts