Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a large frame 91.5mm precision on my car, I can only fit a 4 inch down pipe in my chassis with the turbo in a front mount location. I'm kicking around turning it sideways to fit a 5 inch. Am I killing alot running a 4 inch?

·
Registered
25 Posts
From everything I read, 5" is optimal. I ended up doing split 4" out to each side, which again (from what I read), is about the equivalent to a 5" DP. I will let the professionals chime in though! 4" probably would have been fine on mine, but I tend to try to do the best route on everything.

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
5" is best case scenario. Depending on the length of your down pipe you MIGHT get away with it. Woolf has 4 1/2" as well if you can fit it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm front mount with a front exit. So I think total overall length is roughly 20-24 inches of pipe to exit the car. There's no room under the hood of a 64 chevelle lol!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
64 Chevelle is way bigger than a 66 Chevy II, LOL!! Front facing twins with 5" on each.

Reactions: Boosted Bullet

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
I'm front mount with a front exit. So I think total overall length is roughly 20-24 inches of pipe to exit the car. There's no room under the hood of a 64 chevelle lol!
As a 65 Chevy II owner, I can relate. Full 4" all the way to the trans xmember. Dual 3" from there to the rear bumper.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got the turbo in the grill itself and front the flange to the fittings for the water I've got 7.5 inches of clearance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried that and physically couldn't it fit it. I can fit 4 inch though. It's tight but does fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts