Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these the same dimensionally as a Lincoln 91 to 98(?) 4.6 aluminum block? I heard somewhere that these Lincoln blocks are stronger than the new 3 valve blocks, and might be a good upgrade for a blown application?
If I plan on building a killer street blown 3 valve, I would like all the strength i can get!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Which Lincoln are you talking about?

The Continental has a unique bellhousing pattern (FWD) and the Mark VIII isn't really any different than the SN95 block.

If you want strength use an older cast iron truck block or try to find an '03 Cobra iron block.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The block in question comes out of a rear wheel drive car, and is aluminum. The reason for the interest is I want to build a bigger shortblock for my 06 GT mustang at some point, but doen't want to add any more wieght to the front, the blower is allready going to add too much!! That thing is HEAVY! With a good used block, I can set the original aside for safe keeping, and not have to worry about windowing it with what i want to do.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
when i worked on the super/charged program for the sn-95 we always used a cobra or iron 5.4 block.i have a brand new bare 6 bolt main 4.6 sitting on the shelf here at the shop if you are interested(cheap).bores are a little rusty from sitting but should cleanup.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The lincoln block is specific to FWD, whereas the other blocks (Marauder, Mach1, Cobra, etc.) are all RWD applications. The new '05 blocks are not as strong as the previous aluminum blocks (Teksid, WAP, etc.). If you plan on making over 600Hp, I'd suggest changing blocks out in the '05. The '05 blocks also have a different motor mount design, so you'll need adapter plates made up to bolt the earlier style blocks into an '05.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The lincoln Mark8's from 91-98 are the same blocks in the 96-98 cobras. They are called teksid. Strongest aluminum production block Ford has ever made. The are the same bore/stroke as the new 3v's but thats about it. If you find a teksid block, buy it. Weighing only 85lbs and able to withstand 1000hp is always a nice thing to have.
:) -Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts