Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm doing them myself...I have a BHJ tool and the hoops already, plus I made custom dowels for perfect location. I was just looking for gasket bore recommendations. It seems like you what the gasket as close to matching the bore hole as possible.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Its gona depend on what hoops you use.We have a bhj fixture to cut for orings.But hoops we prefer to do in cnc machine.You dont want hoops butted to each other and I prefer them installed in heads and mated to groove in block.Its pretty tedious work on sb stuff because bore spacing.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Setting the BHJ tool to match the hoops is the most difficult aggravating part of the process. The tool was made for o-rings not fixed size hoops that can't stretch or compress. Going back and forth on different size hoops will drive you insane until you make a setting gauge so it is 100% repeatable every time measuring to the cutting edge of the insert.
Wood Tool Gas Engineering Machine

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
I generally run anywhere from the same as bore size to +.010". Based on the amount of protrusion I like to run I prefer the .050" thick gaskets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts