1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4.125" bore -4"stroke 6.125 rod
looking for a shelf + cc(hi compression)dome piston in this size
anything out there?thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wiseco, Diamond, CP, JE, they all make a piston for that application, in many different compression ratios. They are a stocking piston for most of them.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Diamond has them in shelf pistons.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually none of thoase companies stock those as a shelf piston with the specs im needing as ive talked to everyone of them:(
Anyone here a w/d for any piston companies?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need a dome piston like originally stated nobody offers on unless its for a stock stroke or stock lenght rods:rolleyes:
i guess noone wants to build any hi compression engines
bunch a sissies :smt072

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not enough compression, but thank anyways

I realize i can get a custom piston made:rolleyes:
I asked about shelf pistons for multiple reasons (for ex. price availability if extras needed,lead time etc)

·
Registered
64 Posts
No prob man. Just FYI.. I just ordered a set of pistons from diamond and they were they same price as their shelf pistons and had them to me in 10 days...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looking for a shelf + cc(hi compression)dome piston
Dome ,Dome,Dome piston lol;)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Dome ,Dome,Dome piston lol;)
I was kind of in the same boat as you and my advice after doing the research is have Diamond make a custom set for you. They sell a combustion chamber mold kit that you send in and they scan your combustion chamber so when they make your pistons the dome is contoured to the shape of your combustion chamber on your heads. Also you will need to do a mockup with a piston in the motor and your cam degreed in to get your piston to valve clearance so they know how deep to make the valve pockets. Lead time is around three weeks and you can buy individual pistons as needed. Most other piston companies I talked too have a minimum order of 4 pistons. That's why I went with Diamond.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts