Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im re-doing my rollcage.I'd like to see how you "fast" cars are doing them in 3rd gens to get some ideas of how I need to get this done.Im only 5 ft 6 -145lbs,so its not a problem for me getting in an out,but being so short my seat sits way up so my leg is not fully extended.This is a problem if we just add on for the "funnycar" bars.It wouldnt look right.Need some pics and suggestions please.Thanks

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Give them a little time, you will be surprised what happens when people get off of work and on the BULLET!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Not a funny car cage, but here's mine I built (cert'd to 8.50):

Construction:

You can see the intersect point of the A pillar bar, dash bar, and bar going to strut tower here:

Dash bar behind factory IP cluster:

Cage dropped down so full welds can be done and still have a tight fitting cage:

Dash cluster mocked up for fitting:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya,What they said!!!^^^^^Cage looks great!I too had to get a custom net made by RJS.How fast is the car?Thanks for pictures!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys. My goal was to have a tight fitting cage with all the original interior.
Ya,What they said!!!^^^^^Cage looks great!I too had to get a custom net made by RJS.How fast is the car?Thanks for pictures!
Car has gone 9.54 with a mildy built roots blown BBC on pump gas. Hopefully will have it back out later this year with an upgraded engine. :cool:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts