Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here put mini-tubs in their 3rd Gen F-Body?

Have a spare car in the driveway to practice on before I do it on my car and my buddies car when the season is over.

I have coil-overs and a fuel cell so mine should be easy. I've already made more room back there already, just looking for more.

He still has the rear coil springs and gas tank so his won't be as easy.

If you've done it, can you post some pictures?

I see them available for the 4th Gen F-Bodies but not the 3rd.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys, someone must have done this or know someone that has................

I'm doing it one way or the other, just wanted to see what has been done in the past.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I looked over there. Some guys have some pictures there. I guess I'll borrow my buddies plasma cutter and start playing with fire!

I'm doing this to a spare junk car first so I really don't care what happens with it. It's just practice before doing the real thing.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey Mike........ All you have to do is ask :-GMAB I've mini-tubbed about 5 cars already. Plasma cutter is the way to go for sure. We did Kenny G's Nova in a few weeks goofing off. I've never done a 3rd gen, but how hard can it be ????

bob

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
You just have to do a little cutting to mini tub these cars, its not like others or 4th gens were you have to buy the tubs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You need to cut the pass. side to the frame and stop and the driver side needs to be cut all the way to the back side and plated back. By doing this you can fit just about any tire you want with stock frame.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the Professor doing over here on the Bullet? DDR getting too lame???? :)

Yeah, my buddy is bringing the plasma cutter over so I can go to town on that old car (not my race car, the spare junker!).

I plan on going to the frame rails. I already took the coil spring pockets and rear bump stops out two years ago and put 1/8" plate there when I did the coil overs.

I had already taken a lot of metal out in the bottom of the wheel well where the rear seat belts mounted so the tires don't hit there like most do.

Now I want to cut a LOT out and try to get the tires under the car more so there is less rubber to clean off the quarter panels!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts