Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what aftermarket seats have you guys put in and what kind of brakets where made? pics would be great! I picked up some cheap jegs seats and need some ideas on mounting them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have kirkeys with the racecraft mounting brackets. I had to modify the outer passenger side bracket quite a bit...i don't know if they sent me the wrong one or if my floorpan is different because i have an '82?? either way, it turned out good.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,245 Posts
Hey, a little thread hi-jack here, but for all you guys running Kirkeys, do you guys also use a trans brake?

Reason I ask is because with my cheap-ass Jegs/Summit plastic seats and their slightly padded seat covers my lower back is frickin' aching after a night of Index Racing. I know, it's probably more from old-age, but I gotta know!

Oh, by the way, it isn't from the hard-launching 60ft either! I've been way quicker in the 60ft leaving from idle. I think it's all from the kick in the ass from the trans brake (plus old age dammit!)

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,245 Posts
The seat covers are decent, but maybe the seat just doesn't support my lower back well enough. Or maybe this is just the start of old age!

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
The seat covers are decent, but maybe the seat just doesn't support my lower back well enough. Or maybe this is just the start of old age!
Hey Mike ,like he said above maybe just get a peice of foam and shape it to fit your lower back,and fit it behind the cover. I did this before and it work great . Stuff cuts like butter with a hacksaw blade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts