Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed a lot of stock suspension 3rd gen camaro's sit really high in the front.. what are the pro's and con's ???

·
Registered
703 Posts
Pros -
Better weight transfer
Nose won't dip as much when hard at the brakes at the finish line which can trip the lights for a break out

Cons -
Wrong spring rate used for the front weight which also means the front shocks can do very little to control suspension movement.
Too much air gets under the car

·
I kill parts
10,216 Posts
When it comes to stock suspension, it's often a "neccessary evil". You can only get so low in the back w/o having to re-work the tunnel, flooboards, and/or tq arm(which may not be legal for some clas racing) and with that in mind, you can only have so much rake angle before the suspension geometry and CG get too far out of whack for the chassis to work well.

You can run the correct spring rate no matter what the ride height is, you just have to run the proper length coil to get the pre-load right.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you have for front springs and shocks? This is pretty much what I want mine to look like.
same here .. does it work on the track ? cuz it looks unfinished.. looks awesome tho

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When it comes to stock suspension, it's often a "neccessary evil". You can only get so low in the back w/o having to re-work the tunnel, flooboards, and/or tq arm(which may not be legal for some clas racing) and with that in mind, you can only have so much rake angle before the suspension geometry and CG get too far out of whack for the chassis to work well.

You can run the correct spring rate no matter what the ride height is, you just have to run the proper length coil to get the pre-load right.
i just want to get my front end down and have the car still work like it does...

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad251/jbvv/Bovascar.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trick springs 1 coil cut out, also, front tires are 165 metrics, so only like 25" tall.
what kind of power you making ? et ? 60ft ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
X2 I Would Like To See How That Looks Under The Hood
if you go to trashed or be trashed and do a search for ultra tech race cars you will see how i ran the exhaust or you can go to my facebook account and check out the photos there. same thing type all words with capital letters there tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts