Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys looking for pics and suggestions on 10pt installs (mostly the dash bar) for a 3rd gen camaro/firebird. can you get em behind the dash or just in front?

·
Registered
303 Posts
i ran mine behind the dash. but i also dont have ANYTHING behind it. i did have to cut some of the dash behind where the gauge panel is and make my own gauge panel in the stock location. If you have anything behind your dash (heater ducting, ect) you would have to be real tricky on getting it in there.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,076 Posts
Before :

After :

Have not done the dash bar yet, sometime this week, gotta bend it and it is not going to be fun. It also is not going to be "legal" since it will be about 6" from the down bars and will be welded to the forward strut bars instead. Since I have not modifed the trans tunnel or firewall at all I legally do not need one.

Mike, the welds look great!

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,076 Posts
Mike that is the welds I did before .I havent got around to redoing them yet still debating.lol
Well, if it were me I would take some small 1" or so tubing and weld it from the the halo bar (bar across the top) to the new down bars and also from those down bars to the top halo bar going back to the main hoop. I have seen other cars done like that since they couldn't or didn't get all the way around the bars when welding. To me it looks cool anyway! Obviously, if the windshield isn't out anymore then you can't do this.

This way, if you don't have 100% faith in the welds you did you have the extra support from tri-angulating those bars in two directions.

I don't think it's worth the time to grind those welds out and re-do them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts