Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. i am building up a sbc 383 and need help picking out a cam. i am going roller for sure. here are the specs. 76 year chevy 350 block. eagle forged 3.75 crank with eagle stroker clearanced 6 inch rods. the compression will be between 10:1 and 11:1. i have a set up 6073 edelbrock rpm heads made in 1992. i am considering having them ported to help flow. i have a team g intake but may go to an air gap type of manifold. i have a holley 4777 carb may go to a 4779. msd dist. hooker super comp headers 1 3/4 tubes and flowmaster 3 inch exhaust. going with one of the new keisler rs 600 5 speed trans with the 2.8 first gear. and my rear is 10 bolt with 3.42 gears and a locker. rear tires are 275/60/15. i mainly drive this on the street. with a few track times a year. i keep getting told to go with a hydr roller, i want to go with a solid. i was looking at the lunati 60132 cam with the 4/7 swap. not sure what to do. what cam and lifters to go with.

thanks al.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
hello. i am building up a sbc 383 and need help picking out a cam. i am going roller for sure. here are the specs. 76 year chevy 350 block. eagle forged 3.75 crank with eagle stroker clearanced 6 inch rods. the compression will be between 10:1 and 11:1. i have a set up 6073 edelbrock rpm heads made in 1992. i am considering having them ported to help flow. i have a team g intake but may go to an air gap type of manifold. i have a holley 4777 carb may go to a 4779. msd dist. hooker super comp headers 1 3/4 tubes and flowmaster 3 inch exhaust. going with one of the new keisler rs 600 5 speed trans with the 2.8 first gear. and my rear is 10 bolt with 3.42 gears and a locker. rear tires are 275/60/15. i mainly drive this on the street. with a few track times a year. i keep getting told to go with a hydr roller, i want to go with a solid. i was looking at the lunati 60132 cam with the 4/7 swap. not sure what to do. what cam and lifters to go with.

thanks al.
That cam looks like a good DD cam, should idle well. Go with some good lifters though, if they come apart it makes a mess. If it's closer to 11 to 1, I would go bigger on the cam. Depends if you have power brakes or not, most 383's seem to like around a 106 lobe center, but it makes for a choppy idle, low vacuum for power brakes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
270 Posts
that's a great cam good choice i would stick with that one good luck killer 70 nova;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts