Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for drag week and I need a new set of 275,s. in 2010 I used the standard m/t 275 with great success even through a rain storm towing a small trailer. Think the new 275x will be as good?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I dont know if i would try and run that tire for 1200 miles slimbo. It has a softer sideway and compound then the regular 275 and does not have the grooves in it that the regular one has to remove water. They really are more similar to a radial slick, then a drag radial street tire.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Just out of curiosity why cant these be run on the highway? These tires are way more stable than the 26x10.5 et streets i ran before

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just out of curiosity why cant these be run on the highway? These tires are way more stable than the 26x10.5 et streets i ran before
Taking a guess I would probably say cause of the tread pattern, or lack of ha. Seems like it was specifically designed just for the radial tire class. They look pretty radical.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
They are not designed or intended to be used on the street. Yes - they pass DOT, but that is only to allow them in the classes that require it.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
So is it the lack of tread or the sidewall that makes them not a street tire?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Bringing this back up. Any more people have some street miles on these? How are they holding up compared to the Rs?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 275 pro is awesome I gained a 1/2 second from a 6.84 average to a 6.30 average just with the change from the 275 old drag radial to the 275 pro 60ft is were I gained the advantage car hooks and feels really safe and stable going down the track. When the old mickey drag radial would spin and I would really have to drive the car hazing the tires was fun but kinda iffy sometimes never knew for sure what they were going to do. I use to run all out slicks on the street around 12 psi I know not safe. The 275 pro I run 19psi feels like im driving on a regular radial great tread were or about the same as the old radial and if a cop pulls me over I have a dot on the tire im legal I do not own a trailer and my car has not been on one for the last 8 years and I race every year. The 275pro is the best of both wourlds street and track even if its not designed for this purpose and I would say way safer than alot of tires I see on customers vehicles every day waayyy safffer and has had more extreme usage testing than any other dot tire I know running low 4s in the 1/8 under rediculous horsepower applications. Thanks Mickey Thompson for making this tire. Sorry for the long rant.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do not run the pro on the street not a good idea not there intended purpose, ;) Dont race the new mustang voids warrenty but we are going to put a line lock on it from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts