Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to gather parts for my build. 370 ls, stock crank, compstar rods, 9.5:1 pistons, mildly ported 317s, truck intake. Its going to be on E85. I haven’t bought a cam, turbo, or injectors yet. Question is would it be better to get a t6 billet wheel S480 or get a t4 85-88mm turbo? The car is a ‘80 Malibu with a glide and 9”. I’ll have to regear the car. It will be driven a lil on the street. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Depends on the power and ET you're looking for. Buddy has a '92 fox body that I help put together and tune (MS3X). 370 with stock crank, Eagle rods and pistons, stock 317s with trunions and springs, Edelbrock ProFlo intake, BTR stage 2 cam, Forced Inductions T4 S480 with billet compressor wheel, race cover, billet 93mm exh wheel, TH400 and 3.27. Car weighs about 3,300 w/driver and recently went 1.202, 8.260 @ 163.55. Ran it with E70 and a little alky and it was out of injs and converter was a little loose on the top-end. It will go quicker when those are sorted out.

I have a '92 fox body also with a 402, stock rectangular port heads, stage 4 cam and billet S485 and while it makes more power, it feels like a slug on the street compared to that 370 combo. I know others will recommend a bigger turbo, but that combo is the most responsive street car I have ever driven and the timeslip says it's making lots of steam on the big end.

·
Registered
183 Posts
my car has a ls3 so 376ci and I recently switched from a s480 to a s491 and it’s about 500 rpm slower to spool but a complete monster on the track compared to the 80

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size injectors are you guys running? I talked to FI. I’m probably going to get a billet 485 t6 and use a BTR or Tick stage 2 turbo cam, not sure which

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
What fuel and how much base pressure are you able to run. 43# is old standard, 58# is new standard, 75# is pretty common and what I run on my Siemens Deka injectors. I would say the high limit on a good plastic body injector is 100# base pressure. That turbo should make 1200 - 1300FWHP (educated guess).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to use E85. Haven’t bought injectors or fuel pump yet. Would Bosch 210s be enough?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm using the Bosch 210s @ 43psi base with the 402 and just put the same on the 370. A little overkill, but can't beat the price and later we might drop the alky and go from E70 to E85.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What fuel pump are you guys using? I have a fuel cell in my trunk. Don’t really want to use a belt drive pump

1 - 12 of 12 Posts