Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of building something bigger this winter and was wondering how much I could sell my current engine for? Quick run down of parts..

FRPP 8.7" block w/ .904 bushings and oil supply work, Bryant crank, GRP rods, Diamond pistons , Jesel belt drive, lifters, and rockers, Manton push rods, Camshaft Innovations cam, TFS Street Heats all titanium and Manley Ultra lite dual springs, Edelbrock intake for f/i, Moroso aluminum pan..

Mike Curcio at MCRP did the whole engine and freshened it with rods, pistons, and bearings 75 runs ago.

Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hey Trace, its worth alot more then you will get... I have been trying to sell shit from my old blower setup. People just want to low ball the shit out of you. It gets depressing. I hope you have more luck then I did. This econmy is hurting everyone.
Good luck with the sale of your stuff. That motor is def, a front runner for sure. You proved that in the last month alone.
Brendan

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was always told to throw out the high and low bids and accept the middle so $1, $250, and $2,850..... Looks like you got it Tommy! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
The good thing is , you have numbers to push the sale. Someone looking to get in the class Im sure will be looking into it or a nice grudge piece. Good luck.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
I've been thinking about this very same thing Trace, just dont know? I see alot of over priced junk for sale that does'nt even have a decent timeslip to go with it! Then I think to myself-"wow I would'nt even ask that much for mine & it is proven"!!!LOL

Good luck

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Imo a used engine is only worth what the parts would cost ... Unless its something like a big sonny's eng thats fresh from them
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imo a used engine is only worth what the parts would cost ... Unless its something like a big sonny's eng thats fresh from them
Posted via Mobile Device
You give me parts cost and you can have it!!! :p

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
I was always told to throw out the high and low bids and accept the middle so $1, $250, and $2,850..... Looks like you got it Tommy! :rolleyes:
i wish i seen this sooner,id gave you $30,000 for it but i see its sold......................LMAO! Trace,i sold my NOS engine for pennies on the dollar,its hard right now. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
wide range between 7 and 10k from what I have seen. I an trying to trade my 331 so I can go bigger as well. I have seen some crazy prices and think I may just buy one built---then I would have to sell mine and the market sucks. If mine sells I will shoot you an offer but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Trace, I'd give a 10 year old and/or a 5 year old, both house broke and relatively quiet females, LOL :smt082:smt081
LMK cause I understand Greyhound has some cheap shipping rates right now!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts