Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys seen or use a 3.320 Bryant Racing crank? Looking to pick up this setup and havent seen any other 3.320 stroke/ rod setups....

block is 4 bolt mains on all, 302 journal size, dry sump, 9.2

Crank is Bryant 302 mains, 2.0 rods, rod pin 1825 wide, 6.4 counter weight DIA, bob weight 1885

this will be a C3 headed motor.HitIt:-:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Probably an old nascar setup. They had all different stroke cranks for different tracks , etc.

I have a similar engine but it has a 3.45" la billet in it.

I would buy it if its good

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes this is what i was told, and when i researched the crank not much info was found besides calling Bryant directly. this is where i got most of the info. im buying a bunch of stuff from this engine, so as a package its cheap. damn pankl rods are a boat load of money.

the block does have a little damage on the #2 main, but being dry sump, im not sure if its much of an issue.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
yes this is what i was told, and when i researched the crank not much info was found besides calling Bryant directly. this is where i got most of the info. im buying a bunch of stuff from this engine, so as a package its cheap. damn pankl rods are a boat load of money.

the block does have a little damage on the #2 main, but being dry sump, im not sure if its much of an issue.
What other parts are you getting with it? You said it has C3 heads? What intake are you running?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has an E351 intake, pankl rods, dry sump, bell housing, clutch, everything to be complete. minus dry sump pump and no belt drive cam setup.

the Bore is 4.130, and stroke is 3.320, so pending on compression height should be a 6.2xx or 6.3xxx rod. not to sure yet till i get everything and measure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one with a 3.320 crank as well. 4.130 bore, Thing spun to the moon lol. Ran really good on a 200 shot. I got the motor complete, it was originally an EEI piece. Re-ringed it, and put a plate on it to go 8.90's. I did not measure rod length while I was in it unfortunately.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one with a 3.320 crank as well. 4.130 bore, Thing spun to the moon lol. Ran really good on a 200 shot. I got the motor complete, it was originally an EEI piece. Re-ringed it, and put a plate on it to go 8.90's. I did not measure rod length while I was in it unfortunately.

awesome! sounds like a stout setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The one thing we figured out pretty quickly is it was not overly timing sensitive, but it didn't take a lot of initial to make the power either. We ended up between 26-28 initial. Made a bunch of 1/4 mile hits with only 4 degrees out for the nitrous. I made a mistake on the ignition at one point and it went about 300ft on the kit with all of the timing in it and the plugs looked the best they ever did; I just couldn't bring myself to run it out the back like that lmao.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, im just looking to install it in my AC Cobra and drive it once and a while. just worried that the top loader wont like it. also i got a bellhousing, clutch, and starter with it. so if i understand correctly, i just swap input shafts to match the clutch and i should be ok.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
probably, but not to good with top loaders. im sure my current setup would go right on it. just wont be strong enough

1 - 11 of 11 Posts