Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they ever make a 351 in mexico? guy claims he has one for sale that is 40 over and was made in 77 but I have never heard of a 351 mexican block before. I have heard of 302 made in mexico

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
dont think the 289/302 blocks were actually made in Mexico. I believe they were made in US but made heavier/thicker for use in cars being sold in Mexico.

On the 351 blocks not that I have ever heard of. 69-72 blocks are preferred, 73-74 blocks are good too.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Post up a picture of it. Id like to see this.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The number on the block is 77ay6015aa if you search the net you will find it was made for a couple years.. This was a block i was looking at buying but the web is still late model style thin. so its a no go..But they did make them in 1977.. nothing special the guy who was selling it said it was a high nickel block equal to a early 70-72 block,but the web is thin so garbage it be...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agree there is little info on the block and the only pic is of the mexico marking...The guy i was going to buy it from sent me some pics and it is the exact same as a late model block minus the roller lifter set up.......

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yes the did make them, I owned a mexican made 351W back in the mid 90's. If it says mexico casted in the lifter valley then thats what it is. I was always told they were the best stock block for builds but finding them is next to impossible now a days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.