Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
If that's the case then why don't they use the furd head that GM supposedly copied on that engine. You furd guys have no common sense at all.
LOL, I knew I would strike a nerve with someone, lol, just look around and you can see Ford port design all over GM "stuff"!:eek:

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Best of both worlds! An engine that makes power like a GM but blows up like a Ford!

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,567 Posts
Just ask anyone who ran a machine shop in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's,2000's what make kept them in business, it was GM no doubt, lol.
well of course, look at how many GM engines are in things ? no one is swapping ford engines into camaros, or ford engines into pickups like the cummins guys are.

plus look at the aftermarket, huge support for aftermarket since not much changed over the yrs on certain platforms..... fords, i never understood all the different varietys.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
You jumped on my post like stink on a skunk, lol, :p

Just ask anyone who ran a machine shop in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's,2000's what make kept them in business, it was GM no doubt, lol.
Stink on a skunk....what are you 90yrs old or a *******?
No doubt that they build lots of GM stuff because that what people build...engines that win!
Look at the record books.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Lol, If is wasn't enough to piss off the "purist" with all the BBC/SBC and LS swapped fords...

Not sure I get the intent, other than to show some machine skills.

Same as the world LS next block, is it really worth the effort/added expense?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The irony in this post is quite amusing.
They have to heavily modify a ford engine and GM head to make them work together yet you ford guys insist the LS is a copy of the ford head..... So we both agree on something....we both find it amusing.
The ford head must be completely worthless or they would just spend the time on it instead of reworking everything to make a the better head fit.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I wonder how long it would have stayed together if they had stopped at ~750. Pretty neat project.

·
FORD
3,664 Posts
They have to heavily modify a ford engine and GM head to make them work together yet you ford guys insist the LS is a copy of the ford head..... So we both agree on something....we both find it amusing.
The ford head must be completely worthless or they would just spend the time on it instead of reworking everything to make a the better head fit.
You missed the point, but I can not say that I’m surprised.

·
Registered
18,227 Posts
If that's the case then why don't they use the furd head that GM supposedly copied on that engine. You furd guys have no common sense at all.
The man explained that the head swap was a challenge to see if it could be done and what it would take to do it.

Honestly, I would have used the better flowing Boss 351 head.

For the record, there are a few out there that actually are running aftermarket Cleveland / Ford heads on their ls motors.
Far more popular swap by the way.

·
Registered
18,227 Posts
well of course, look at how many GM engines are in things ? no one is swapping ford engines into camaros, or ford engines into pickups like the cummins guys are.

plus look at the aftermarket, huge support for aftermarket since not much changed over the yrs on certain platforms..... fords, i never understood all the different varieties.
I never understood all the different varieties from gm.
Chevy is just a division.....by the way.

1 - 20 of 356 Posts