Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a .040 over windsor,stock crank,h beam rods with probe pistons.Is there any "special" block and crank prep that can be done to help it live longer at high horsepower levels?I am thinking 800-1000hp at the crank with a 82-88mm turbo.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
At that power level better off going with a race block.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no money for a dart block.If it will last a couple of seasons thats good enough.just looking for little tricks to help it out a bit

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
What's the block you are starting from?

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Not a bad place to start.... at that power level I would have 4 bolt mains put on it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad place to start.... at that power level I would have 4 bolt mains put on it.[/QUOTE
my last motor showed alot of cap walk shifting at 7k and trapping at 7200 and thought about at least pinning them to help control that issue.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Splayed 4bolt replacement caps from Cipco manufacturing.
I had a place called Precision Machine service do the work.
267-205-6410

·
Registered
431 Posts
The only way to make it live is to make your power at a lower rpm. I had one last for 5 years with no tear downs or refreshes but I kept the rpms to 5500. It made around 600 to the tires.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The only way to make it live is to make your power at a lower rpm. I had one last for 5 years with no tear downs or refreshes but I kept the rpms to 5500. It made around 600 to the tires.
my last 69' motor went for 7-8 years as a nitrous motor.spraying as much as 350hp at it.I ran as fast as 5.80/[email protected]# and never broke the block.The reason I got rid of that motor was because the converter gave up and ended up with .100 of thrust clearence,went clean thru the thrust bearing.I have to think the turbo will be a little easier to the motor than all the nitrous was.My goal is to go 8.80's with this new motor.I am planning on a 6500rpm limit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts