Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Ran across this 350 build with a alum. 4bbl intake and 500 cfm 2 bbl., interesting.

·
Registered
27,240 Posts

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I roughed the one from the magazine into pipemax and it shows that it's sucking on that 4412 2bbl pretty good, lol.

356.881 Cubic Inches @ 6200 RPM with 95.00 % Volumetric Efficiency PerCent

Required Intake Flow between 189.3 CFM and 199.5 CFM at 28 Inches
Required Exhaust Flow between 129.8 CFM and 146.4 CFM at 28 Inches

600 RPM/Sec Dyno Test Lowest Low Average Best
Peak HorsePower 378.3 393.9 401.6 409.4
Peak Torque Lbs-Ft 355.3 369.9 377.2 384.5

HorsePower per CID 1.060 1.104 1.125 1.147
Torque per Cubic Inch 0.996 1.036 1.057 1.077

BMEP in psi 150.1 156.3 159.4 162.5
Carb CFM at 1.5 in Hg. 608 677 711 745

Target EGT= 1371 degrees F at end of 4 second 600 RPM/Sec Dyno accel. test
Octane (R+M)/2 Method = 96.3 to 99.4 Octane required range
Air Standard Efficiency = 61.94341 % for 10.800:1 Compression Ratio

Peak HorsePower calculated from Cylinder Head Flow CFM only
600 RPM/Sec Dyno Test Lowest Average Best Potential
Head Flow Peak HP = 334.7 409.7 484.7

·
Registered
460 Posts
your engine sounds good in the dyno vid , eager to get down to business . I can understand not posting a customers dyno numbers , from what you did let on sounds like the power curve is similar to the crate 604 with a 750 . interesting given the difference between the two different top ends and cams 👍 does the track run the two different engines in the same class ?

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
No I do not think they do, but if I find out different I'll let you know. The thing about the 604, it depends on who you talk to on how much HP they make, and even though they are a "sealed" engine some guy on Speed Talk was claiming 550 for his supplied engine over 10 years ago, no one believed him but it went on for pages, lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
with the pos emission cam in the 604 and less comp was thinking it might be close even with the bigger heads , sp intake and 4 bbl carb . bbf612 550 lol even if it could the rods wouldn't take it .

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
From 2012.....

"
I have gotten 447RWHP on a stock bolted crate with bolt-ons ( 384 RWHP on this engine as a baselline ), 468RWHP Fastrak, 489RWHP Ne-Smith, 497RWHP ASA, 550+RWHP RoadRace, & 597RWHP Outlaw 604. All of these engines were broken in on a DTS engine dyno with my break in oil and my lubes & filter afterward. On only a couple of these customer engines was I able to take the time to put them into my dyno car but I have probably done so with 30+ engines over a 10 year period.

I posted too long of a post on here to another 604 Crate HP question.

SJ Dave - never have sold a coated part for a crate engine other than my "ti-Cera-bide" header coating. My springs are stock GM springs that undergo my own 21 step treatment process. They have checked legal everywhere they have been torn down and have been on Championship winning ASA, NeSmith, Fastrak and UMP engines. Oh yea, reason I said ASA is because my springs outperform the conical GM's or Comps.

I had a non-disclose agreement with a major GM Supplier of parts that has been purchasing 40-50 sets of my springs per month for the last 3 years. That deal expired 2012 and I have posted on 4-m and a couple other places that I was working on controlled valve loft on the intake. All of the R&D was done in a Cup shop with laser inferometry to confirm results. You may have heard of Dyno cams, if you ran karts, and they built cams for lift rule Briggs engines that would result in 15-20% power increase, but you had to replace springs weekly or they would kill the valve seats. Karts really liked to have the lift improved but since the 604 cam has adequate lift, I have worked to get the duration curve on the intake better. Different headers, funky timing curve, and fuel curve lend to what I was trying to accomplish. You can identify it readily in many cars that have the boom-boom in the exhaust system when entering and exiting the corners.

This was actually perfected with my 350 2-BBL Nascar Carbs, later on the Winn-Dixie Whuppin stick in BGN, and then with a couple other folks still running the stuff. Now with the FI in CUP it will take some creativity to get it done but we got it done in the ASA FI engines for 3-4 years so adapting it to the new Penske/Illmor/MCLaren CPU should be pretty easy.

Thru a long process of elimination, I have found the right seat material to use in my "House" and re-man engines to allow running up to and past 7500rpms. Since I started out on these engines in 2000 it put me in a good position to get a head start on most folks.

Got probably 2500+ sets of the springs running all over the place and in 11 years of selling them. I like to re-treat them after 10-20 races as the procedure is much like the charging of a battery to try and control the resonant frequency of the material. I have not had a single failure, of spring, retainer and lock and they are 100% original GM Parts and legal on top of that.

BTW the new piston will not be legal by the rules as of now so why mess with them, If you win a big race you will get torn down all the way, why not be legal???

Part of the reason you hear a big difference in a good engine and an average one is when they are sealed up properly they pop like bacon sizzlin in a frying pan. Sealing the valve seat is critical on any engine so the seats have to be round, flat and perpendicular to the guide to even be in the ball-park. Ring seal is next on the list and I don't know of anybody around that does what I do to seal up a 604 crate. "

81 - 93 of 93 Posts