Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Not sure what manifold and adapter they are going to use, I'll post it up when I find out.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Randy can you turn us on to some the details about the performance of the spacer/adapter or anything else that may help?

·
Registered
25,234 Posts
Randy can you turn us on to some the details about the performance of the spacer/adapter or anything else that may help?
When they allowed the 4 barrel cast iron intake on the Wissota B/Mod, with a 2 barrel 500 Holley, we used that adapter. I can’t say I remember any comparison tests, but all 4 B/Mod engines I did we used that adapter, and all 4 were very competitive. Sorry I don’t have any tests against other adapters. They seemed to work, so we used them. You’re talking quite awhile back in time. There may be something better out there now. I’d try every option. Just because there ain’t that many.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There's a 430 hp 350 vortec build in the new Hot Rod mag, just something to look at.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Has any ran the Wilson Intake spacer that adapts from 2 barrel to 4 barrel carb ??

·
Registered
25,234 Posts

Sorry, not overly impressed. That size engine, with that induction should have easily hit 500 hp with the 2 barrel, and 600 with the 4 barrel. Anyone agree?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry, not overly impressed. That size engine, with that induction should have easily hit 500 hp with the 2 barrel, and 600 with the 4 barrel. Anyone agree?
I don't know much about the 2bbl set ups. I would think the 4bbl would be at 600 but it is a pretty short cam. I have never tried the 230 iron heads, I was told the 215's will make more power. My 360 makes substantially more than 600 with 215's but is dry sump, vacuum, and a MUCH larger camshaft peaking at 7,300 and carrying the power within a few to 8,000. Never pulled it past 8,000 to see where it dies off.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I just posted it as it used an adapter from 4bbl to 2bbl to show "murdog" the results they got with the canton and posted him the link to it, it was not to impress anyone, lol, that's why I quoted him.

·
Registered
25,234 Posts
I don't know much about the 2bbl set ups. I would think the 4bbl would be at 600 but it is a pretty short cam. I have never tried the 230 iron heads, I was told the 215's will make more power. My 360 makes substantially more than 600 with 215's but is dry sump, vacuum, and a MUCH larger camshaft peaking at 7,300 and carrying the power within a few to 8,000. Never pulled it past 8,000 to see where it dies off.
I understand, and I’ve only done about 4 total 2 barrel deals, but they were far more restricted then this setup. We had to run junk Chevy pickup truck heads I’d never heard of, cast iron intake, and flat tappet hydraulic cams, with 9.5 to 1 compression max, and I do know we did 2 around 360 hp, max 360” and when we got a little better we did one at 379, and one at 392. So with those parts they are allowed to run, and at that cubic inch, I’d care to bet several on this board would push past 500 hp. Don’t give that combo to an NHRA Super Stocker, or Stocker. They’d embarrass us all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm always interested to see builds and how others go about them. You never know when you will trip across something that works beyond your expectations.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts