Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone switched from a torker 289 to a victor jr and was it worth the switch? I have a 347 with trick flow heads and a 286HR comp cam 750 holley in a 88 thunderbird with a 5 speed with 4.10 gears. This car pulls well with the torker 289 but didn't know if I could pick up more with the victor jr.

G

·
Your average horsepower is probably better with the Torker, your peak horsepower will drastically increase with the Vic Jr.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I saw an article in Car Craft some years back where a torker 289 flowed about 225 cfm per runner and ported it was up around 280s. I would think that would be a cork with the trick flows on a 347. That said I have one on my 306 and added a two inch spacer to it and it seemed to pick up on the butt meter. I have junk ported stock heads so its not the cork for me. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
If hood clearance allowed id lean closer towards an untouched funnelweb. If hood clearance is an issue i bet the 7515 weiand or an offy port o sonic would work better for you. That torker 289 was a good intake it just leaves alot on the table unworked. Hell it might work real well with an airgap? U just never know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts