1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
That should make for an awesome show.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
How many in PRO STOCK. PRO MOD better class for sure lots more varieties of car. But if it was professional NHRA would ruin it somehow. Pro stocks 1/4 mile but cars are unrecognizable cookie cutter cars. Need to put them back with s/s,have Ls, mod motors and he is with original sheetmetal.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many in PRO STOCK. PRO MOD better class for sure lots more varieties of car. But if it was professional NHRA would ruin it somehow. Pro stocks 1/4 mile but cars are unrecognizable cookie cutter cars. Need to put them back with s/s,have Ls, mod motors and he is with original sheetmetal.
Last I saw 26 Pro stockers were entered...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Nice field of cars. That will make a great show.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
It is already a Pro class, the reason for the high entry count is its the only 1/4 mile Game left!
No more so than Top Alcohol. The only "Pro" classes are those running for Mello Yello championships.

They are maxed-out at 34 entries and should have a 5-second bump since they get four rounds of qualifying to do it, with first round elims Sunday (the Pros get five and don't start eliminations until Monday).

·
M0DERAT0R
17,630 Posts
Not running for Mello Yello points and not included in the NHRA TV show.
Pro class in name only.
And only being contested because they are paying to be there.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Hard to believe there will be that many PS cars. Guess Indy is that special to some. Shoulwd be a good show, hope mother nature cooperates. Been pretty dry around hear lately. I still prefer the Pro Mods.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hard to believe there will be that many PS cars. Guess Indy is that special to some. Shoulwd be a good show, hope mother nature cooperates. Been pretty dry around hear lately. I still prefer the Pro Mods.
When I checked earlier today, there were 26 Pro Stock cars and only 18 Pro Stock Motorcycles entered. Both have quotas of 28.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
You might see as many as 40 cars show up. It will be the best qualifying to watch.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
You might see as many as 40 cars show up. It will be the best qualifying to watch.
Not unless NHRA increases the quota, and that is unlikely to happen. There have been more "want to enter" cars at every one of the NHRA Pro Mod events than allowed by the quota for those events. Indy has the largest quota - for just about everything, not just Pro Mod.

They just raised Stock and Super Stock to 180 and both are at (or slightly over) 100%. They may increase those again if Super Comp and Super Gas remain below quota. The Nitro quotas are also "soft," if additional cars want to enter, they would probably increase those quotas, but I've heard nothing about raising the Pro Mod quota.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Sure wish they would park PM on the PRO side of the track.

:confused:
They don't even park the Pro Stock Motorcycles on the "Pro" side. That side has been pretty well filled up with Nitro, Pro Stock Car, Top Alcohol and Comp for the last several years, with everything else on the West side.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts