Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which tire would you say is best hoosier or mickey thompson m5 or m7 looking for a hard hooker with little shake

·
Registered
731 Posts
:smt082 i hope you have a funny car or something
tires that wide dont shake to often

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tire shake

wanna go 4.30 in 1/8 1022 shake with glide on nos tried hoosier wondering about m/t

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Probably not the tire's fault...chassis setup??

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What kind of car? Door car, dragster, 4 link etc...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
we just bought our first set of 1022, wont be a second, first off there are twice the price of hoosier and i am not a fan of hoosier tires. and second we have six passes on them yes we shook them twice because of spinning but the thing that gets me is we have been inspecting the tires after ever pass and the center of the tire has a seam in it and after six passes the seam is still there ONLY half way around, like it is out of round and yes they are fully seated on the wheels and the beadlocks are properly installed,
i also wanted to know why i dont see any mickeys on a pro mod type car, best pass so far is a 4.30 167 mph

·
Registered
985 Posts
That is weird with the wear pattern you may want to call Comp Tire (if you are in the midwest) see what they say.....We have a goodyear dealership and sell around 50 sets of slicks a year and I have never heard of that

·
Registered
92 Posts
Harrold Laird runs M/T 34.5s on his 63 Corvette Pro-Mod and runs 3.90s in the 1/8. Jeff Colletta runs the same M/T tire with a glide on his NMCA #1 NPS Car. Jeff's car weighs almost 3300lbs and runs 4.80s in the 1/8 and has no tire shake. ;)

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
M/T 3187!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts