Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats it take to fittem on a stock suspension 3rd gen camaro ?? half or full minitub ? bfh ? pics too ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
no pics of mine yet, 15x10 in wheel with 6.5 bs. mini tubbed with offset lower control arms. i also use wolfe's adjustable spring mounts. its pretty close to the front and back of the wheel wells but i have tons of room on the inside

·
Registered
958 Posts
no pics of mine yet, 15x10 in wheel with 6.5 bs. mini tubbed with offset lower control arms. i also use wolfe's adjustable spring mounts. its pretty close to the front and back of the wheel wells but i have tons of room on the inside
This.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I narrowed my rearend 2" on each side, used a 15x12" 7.5" BS wheel. I'm having to relocate the control arms to between the torqueboxes and frame, control arm brackets on the rearend were moved in 1".

Car has a wolfe minitub and spring adjuster kit.

I'm currently waiting on wheels to see if I got the right offset, etc. Supposed to be delivered yesterday but no dice.

I should have 5/8"-3/4" of room on the inside of the tire to the wheeltub.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am in process of same size. Just waiting for some snow to melt to get project started. I have done A TON of research on what will/wont work. All the info and pics I gathered shows that 15x10 with 6.5 backspacing will fit when you 1-cut the bump stop off 2- cut or "modify with BFW the front inner/lower portion of wheel well 3-roll the fender lip. That routine is pretty standard from my extensive research. If it works depends if you like the way it looks along with just not rubbing. Personally I would like to have tire in at least a little more. I am not going to mini tub, I want my rear seat for astetics. No use for rear seat for me, just to have complete interior around my 10 point. I will even consider a 9" wheel. I will post pics once I get it started in March. There is a ton of info if you search on yellowbullet and thirdgen.org. Good luck, cuz i'm in same boat.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
I am in process of same size. Just waiting for some snow to melt to get project started. I have done A TON of research on what will/wont work. All the info and pics I gathered shows that 15x10 with 6.5 backspacing will fit when you 1-cut the bump stop off 2- cut or "modify with BFW the front inner/lower portion of wheel well 3-roll the fender lip. That routine is pretty standard from my extensive research. If it works depends if you like the way it looks along with just not rubbing. Personally I would like to have tire in at least a little more. I am not going to mini tub, I want my rear seat for astetics. No use for rear seat for me, just to have complete interior around my 10 point. I will even consider a 9" wheel. I will post pics once I get it started in March. There is a ton of info if you search on yellowbullet and thirdgen.org. Good luck, cuz i'm in same boat.
i mini tubbed mine and still have the backseat....it just barely fits but does...i have 29x14.5 hoosiers qtp's on 11inch wheels.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My car is going in for this very shortly. I won't be notching the frame however.
I will also be running a 15x10 with a 6.5" backspace. I however will be using the stock spring location.

·
Registered
324 Posts
onefast68. Your badass car is one of the third gens I saw. I love it. It is fast as fck 2! I should have been more specific. I want the rear seats AND i don't want to cut up the interior plastic around the tubs. Just me.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
onefast68. Your badass car is one of the third gens I saw. I love it. It is fast as fck 2! I should have been more specific. I want the rear seats AND i don't want to cut up the interior plastic around the tubs. Just me.

i hated cutting the plastic as well..after i done it though it looks great...i have had several people look at the car and i asked if they could tell what i done from the inside and all said no.i had to show them.LOL

thanks for the compliment...i looked at andrews link..lots of good pics,i wish i would have taken pics of mine during the tub job..i even made my own tubs..but i did use the wolf spring setup and is has qa1 stockerstar shocks.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,794 Posts
I don't think you can do much with a mini tub without cutting the side plastic. Plan on doing mine this year. I will cut the plastic and put it back when done. Hey Will, have any pictures of yours?

·
Registered
463 Posts
i hated cutting the plastic as well..after i done it though it looks great...i have had several people look at the car and i asked if they could tell what i done from the inside and all said no.i had to show them.LOL
I'd like to see the plastics inside your car if possible. :)

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
if you keep the lca in the true stock location with the offset lca, the tire will sit like this: and this is with the tire approx 1/16" off the lca and mini tubbed.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i will take a couple pics tonight or tomorrow..has the spot for an amp and 2 12's but i had to rob them for the duaghters car ealier this week..that means dad get some some new stuff that hits harder.LOL

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
15x12 with 6.5bs.

·
Registered
463 Posts
thanks guys for the input and future pics. I am just starting my project and want to make sure it turns out right. I am just looking for anything I can get my hands on to aquire information. My car is as clean as they come and I don't want to F it up lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts