Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
"I wish I could edit the first post, but the car is a 87 rx7 with a torque arm 8.8 rear end with 31 splinr axles. "

I am currently in the hunt for a 31spln detroit locker but i just want to get a opinion from you guys if it will be enough or not. The car its going is will be 2800lbs with me in it, 800-900hp through a th400 and about 600-700lbs torque (inline 6 turbo). As far as street driving it will see a 60/40 (60 racing 40 street) as i will drive it to and from work (2 miles) and around town every now and then. I dont mind the noise but i just want to make sure it will hold up and iam realy realy trying to prevent a spool.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I do not see the locker unit being your weak-point. I would say that the weak-point would be your 31 spline axles. They are going to break before anything else in my opinion, regardless if you are running a locker or a spool. With that kind of HP and Torque you should probably be running 35 spline axles and a 35 spline locker.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power is understandable but i was hoping the fact that its a 2800lb car would help. and its a 8.8 fox body rear, gota add that in there

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
we just replaced 28 spline axles factory c-clips and auburn locker to 33 spline and spool.. car is 3275 with driver... stock looking car inside and out.. it ran 5.90s last year with the 28 spline stuff. sn-95, 8.8, factory disc brake, 2 1/4 tail pipes..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could edit the first post, but the car is a 87 rx7 with a torque arm 8.8 rear end with 31 splinr axles.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i have an 85 rx7 at 2800 lbs with me in it, the car go's deep 9's on a 28 spline ford 8.8 with c clip elmininators and the factory trac-lok with the carbon clutches. 33 spline would be best but you could make it live fine on 31's

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW nice man, any pics or info?? I am getting my rear from grannys speedshop, iam most likely getting the rear already cut and welded up for there kit and i am going to supply the axles and diff to save some money. My 10k budget already got blown and now iam working off hopes and prayers (and extra hours at work). Cant stop now, or ill just lose so much involved in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts