Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
13,776 Posts
have wanted one for a long time, but not prepared to drop 100K on one, King Kong of the late 80s

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
Well according to the Ford boys those aren’t worth anywhere near what a low mile fox body is, so I’ll bid $5,000.
did I win it?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
If I had the money I would buy it. Its one of my favorite cars. Some might think I'm crazy, but I'd much rather drive a GNX over any 60's- 70s muscle cars.

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
If I had the money I would buy it. Its one of my favorite cars. Some might think I'm crazy, but I'd much rather drive a GNX over any 60's- 70s muscle cars.
I don’t think that’s crazy, wouldn’t be my choice, but I get it. I remember when they came out, back when the talk was all about IROC’s and LX mustangs, the GNX set things on fire...exciting as hell, and faster than any other factory offering.

Wasnt till the ZR1 and then the Viper did the shine fade. They were also really cool cause they didn’t look like a kids car (IROC) or a poor mans car (mustang).

it had class.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
What a huge impact those cars had on the entire industry. They scared the shit out of everyone including the entire NHRA PS class LOL

·
Registered
14,677 Posts
I have no doubt. The Vette was pathetic at the time.
They were in the same neighborhood. Low to Mid 14’s for the vette, really low 14’s for the GNX. Yeah the GNX was faster, but not by a huge margin.

The times were still slow compared to the Muscle car era, but they were getting better. And the ZR1 and Viper were right around the corner.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
14,486 Posts
Nice looking cars and yes, those 13 second GNXs were the quickest domestic car a person could buy at the time.
If I recall correctly they sold for 30K new

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bad ride for sure. Let's not forget the Cyclones and Typhoons. AWD gave them some stomp. However, I preferred the T/A with the same motor.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts