Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
You ain't shitting fuckers got balls of titanium.

He stated: "wheel is spinning about 30 mph faster than the bike's going. "
I've long thought how far from ideal salt salt surfaces are. In the least it's like rolling on a plush carpet (rolling resistance) being far from concrete/asphalt.
Add in the 10% slip from poor traction and the negatives add up.

Why run Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia vs Bonneville?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bill Warner did 317 MPH on this sit on bike about 5 years ago..It was done at the old Air Force 1-1/2 mile standing start track in Maine...Bill was killed a year or two later looking for 300 in the one mile standing start..

·
Brewmaster
12,584 Posts

I've long thought how far from ideal salt salt surfaces are. In the least it's like rolling on a plush carpet (rolling resistance) being far from concrete/asphalt.

Bigger area for one, maybe he wants to set records at all the land speed places too? Possible that the salt wasn't good enough at Bonneville too.

·
YB Managing Editor
50,984 Posts

He said Bolivia is about 16 miles long where Bonneville is 5 miles long

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,305 Posts
PRETTY AWESOME...DUDE WAS CALM AS A CUCUMBER

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bill Warner did 317 MPH on this sit on bike about 5 years ago..It was done at the old Air Force 1-1/2 mile standing start track in Maine...Bill was killed a year or two later looking for 300 in the one mile standing start..

I watched Bill run 278 about 8 years ago. He cranked it with the stock starter and warmed it up riding around the pits. It was very quit. Then he left the starting line and never stopped accelerating. I was about a 1/2 mile down track and he was over 200 mph at that point. It kept gaining rpms until he shut it down at the finish line. There was no doubt the horsepower was there for 300.

It was one of the most impressive and ballsy things I have seen. But I was afraid of what could happen if he ever lost it.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Over 400 MPH with this bike........

·
Registered
24,366 Posts

·
Registered
24,366 Posts
Surprised to see no mention of the elevation run diff and its effect on HP/Speed/ET

1 - 20 of 32 Posts