Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason ,
I tried a set of 30791 tire (15-33-15S ) this past weekend ( first time trying M/T ). Had problems launching hard left while in the air. Found 1 tire to have grown to 1 inch larger od than the other after getting warm. After tire came down in temp to ambient temps it shrank back to within 1/8 inch of the other. Thoughts ?

Car is 3000 #s with driver ladder bar / a-arm [email protected] mph BBC 565 with glide 1.80 low with 4:30 gear
Put my goodyears back on and went perfectly straight rest of weekend
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tubes , double beadlocks, 14 inch wide 8.5 # air pressure, thought it was car or track but put old tires on other wheels and no more issues. Wierd.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My distributor took the tires back and is going to replace them for me, so I don't have access to the serial #s. I'm going off memory here but they were 105.5 and 105.375 before and 105.5 and 106.5 after a run attempt ( short burn off and aborted run )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems Mickey thompson feels that is an acceptable rollout difference...... tough luck racer !
Hard to believe the thinking behind that.
Lucky for me the outfit I purchased from is more stand up and customer oriented and they offered me my choice of new tires to replace those !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Left Jason a message and he called me right back !

Mickey will take care of the issue !

Thanks Jason I appreciate the customer service and the time you spent with me on the phone !

Trying a fresh set of tires this weekend and will report back monday how things went .....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE : These new tires worked great ! 60 foot didnt vary more than .007 all day. went to the semis

went from 63 degrees in morning to 90 degrees in the afternoon DA was 1635- to 2800

track temp was over 130 in the afternoon when I got my best 60ft of the day.

Glad I gave M/T another shot . Must have been some wierd fluke with the first set !

Couldnt be happier with these tires right now. lets see how long they last

Thanks, Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts