Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to build a new engine for rs275. I have both engines avaible which would be best? Turbo with also have a cast wheel if that makes a difference. thanks guys

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Depends on which hotside it has..... Which 76 is it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
im looking to build a new engine for rs275. I have both engines avaible which would be best? Turbo with also have a cast wheel if that makes a difference. thanks guys
If displacement and the respective cam timing were the only differences I think you're more turbine limited than anything.As backpressure increases power will level off as VE drops. The 363 will make it to the trans brake sooner... I'd use the 363 as the larger crank will be easier to race.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent bought the turbo yet jus looking for the best combo. i have been looking at th bw475 with a 1.32 ar and t6 housing for the 363. im jus looking to make the most power i can.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Call reed at Work Turbo. BW has a true 76mm out now. If you do the 96mm wheel and 1.32 housing go with the 363.

·
FUCK TONS OF FUN
17,104 Posts
363ci with 96mm x 1.32 you cant go wrong
(based off what we made with a 355ci and 96mm x 1.32)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Either one can be made to work, they will just get the job done differently. I personally feel the advantage goes to the smaller CID in a limited compressor application, but be prepared to really work hard on getting the rest of the combo happy. The advantage to the larger CID is in torque production at a lower rpm, which will make it easier to drive. In most cases it will lack the power curve to take advantage of the converter/gear/camshaft needed to exploit the most out of that turbo size.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts