Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HOW BIG CAN YOU PORT STOCK HEADS IM GETTIN A SET OF FREE ONES AND JUST WONDERING WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILTIES OF FLOW NUMBERS AND HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER CAN THESE HEADS PUSH OUT IF YOU CAN POST YOUR NUMBERS AND HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE HAD
AND IF IT HELPS MY MOTOR IS 30 OVER 10:5:1 COMPRESSION AND UNDECIDED ON CAM SIZE CHOICE THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Check out thumper heads of orange county FL. He gets them to run with GT40X heads.

Normally he recommends a stock cam with 1.7 ration rockers or a b cam from FMS.

Combo should be good for 300-320 to the wheels with a stick pretty easy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
HOW BIG CAN YOU PORT STOCK HEADS IM GETTIN A SET OF FREE ONES AND JUST WONDERING WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILTIES OF FLOW NUMBERS AND HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER CAN THESE HEADS PUSH OUT IF YOU CAN POST YOUR NUMBERS AND HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE HAD
AND IF IT HELPS MY MOTOR IS 30 OVER 10:5:1 COMPRESSION AND UNDECIDED ON CAM SIZE CHOICE THANK YOU
When we used to do those heads years ago I would cut a 1.84 valve down to 1.800 and we had a very good valve job for them and they would move 210cfm on the intake with a very stable port I don`t remember the mcsa. The ex with a raidius valve job and the right shape and a stock ex valve that port would flow in the mid 160s cfm and it was also very stable. We could accually get the ex better with a bigger valve and make the port bigger but they didn`t run as good and were no where near as stable. In Liberty Dan

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we used to do those heads years ago I would cut a 1.84 valve down to 1.800 and we had a very good valve job for them and they would move 210cfm on the intake with a very stable port I don`t remember the mcsa. The ex with a raidius valve job and the right shape and a stock ex valve that port would flow in the mid 160s cfm and it was also very stable. We could accually get the ex better with a bigger valve and make the port bigger but they didn`t run as good and were no where near as stable. In Liberty Dan
good info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts