Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Ask him what he thinks CARS are worth now? Seeing them in the last auction from high 30's to mostly in the mid 50's? I'm online with a high end group that keeps wanting these '69 Z28's to be in the 80's, but like there saying, those days seem to be gone. Was PM'ed by a couple that GOOD normal cars are bring mid 40's now. JL8's 2X4s and some special RS are still going high, but only to select buyers.

·
Registered
14,680 Posts
Ask him what he thinks CARS are worth now? Seeing them in the last auction from high 30's to mostly in the mid 50's? I'm online with a high end group that keeps wanting these '69 Z28's to be in the 80's, but like there saying, those days seem to be gone. Was PM'ed by a couple that GOOD normal cars are bring mid 40's now. JL8's 2X4s and some special RS are still going high, but only to select buyers.
I always thought the highest value were the 67’s (600 made...people didn’t know about them yet) then the 68’s (7000 made) and finally the 69’s with 20,000 made, and 40,000 still on the road!

no?

·
Big Trev is a great guy!
15,808 Posts
You do know that "cunt" is a term of endearment where I'm from?? 😘

I might be getting the bullet soon from work due to the "Virus" debacle, any "Reverse Mortgage" tips you'd care to share with the uninitiated ??
You do know you need a minimum of four (4) clapped out old Chevys in your home garage to be able to question the resident YB forum celebrities authority, right? ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the original protecto plate from my 69 Z/28, it's one way to show that the car is an original Z/28, it's go DZ on the end of the number.
IMG_20180504_142335709.jpg

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Rodent might give you shit as he did me on this. LOL! The block shown has typical circular machine marks on the deck surface. The factory marks back then were more front to rear, like you might imagine a belt sander would make. I've heard that people that stamp their block actually use a belt sander to mimick those marks before stamping the bogus numbers/letters. I've also seen poor stamp jobs where it looked like someone dragged sandpaper on that pad.
Correct, GM cut the deck with a planer.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
G'day, I only have 3 old Chevies in the garage but I have a Nash Metropolitan too. They aren't clapped out but does that mean I can question the celebrities or does the Nash throw me out?

I have another 20 clapped out Chevies sitting outside. Can I have an exemption?

·
Big Trev is a great guy!
15,808 Posts
G'day, I only have 3 old Chevies in the garage but I have a Nash Metropolitan too. They aren't clapped out but does that mean I can question the celebrities or does the Nash throw me out?

I have another 20 clapped out Chevies sitting outside. Can I have an exemption?
Got dammed!

We may have a new forum god!

Can you post pics of greasy food and men's asses at car shows?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Correct, GM cut the deck with a planer.
Yup, old factory broach marks were straight, not circular. My 50 year old pad on my LS-5 Chevelle, CRT engine code and date stamping was done at Tonawanda plant when the engine was assembled there, CRT meant Chevelle LS-5 454 4 speed designation, engine assembled Jan. 23 70. Vin# was gangstamped on the block and transmission on the car assembly line right before being installed. Second pic is the 50 year old M-22 Muncie plant build and date stamp, POT19 is Dec. 19, 69. C in that code means M-22, and the car vin#. A would be an M-20, B would be an M-21.
Trans has never been apart,still howls like a bastard, shifts like butter.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts