Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Hmm, took 2500 for a complete 69 302, nasty clapped out, less intake a dozen years ago. Couple weeks later saw it on line for 5k, don't know if it sold @ that number.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Friend of mine has a complete 302 that is original and never been disassembled, sent him a text to see what he thinks it's worth. He is a pretty good authority on Camaros and values, be curious to see what he says.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Friend of mine has a complete 302 that is original and never been disassembled, sent him a text to see what he thinks it's worth. He is a pretty good authority on Camaros and values, be curious to see what he says.
Well, he has had it rebuilt recently, said it's a 618 block and probably worth $15,000. Crazy,

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Well, he has had it rebuilt recently, said it's a 618 block and probably worth $15,000. Crazy,
I have my doubts it's worth that much. (JMO). Also it's no longer original and might've been worth more before he spent money rebuilding it. They're only original once! The buyer would likely have his preference on who rebuilt it if not wanting to do it himself.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have my doubts it's worth that much. (JMO). Also it's no longer original and might've been worth more before he spent money rebuilding it. They're only original once! The buyer would likely have his preference on who rebuilt it if not wanting to do it himself.
Just spoke to him, he actually has 2 of them, he bought the freshened one and the original M22 and 3.73 12 bolt. He does have an untouched one that came out of his own Z28, he bought the other just to have a spare. He acknowledged that most of this stuff is only worth what the desperate guys are willing to pay,

·
Busy being a cunt
29,212 Posts
You'd be surprised how many don't know, so go fuck yourself.....................cunt!
You do know that "cunt" is a term of endearment where I'm from?? 😘

I might be getting the bullet soon from work due to the "Virus" debacle, any "Reverse Mortgage" tips you'd care to share with the uninitiated ??

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
You do know that "cunt" is a term of endearment where I'm from?? 😘

I might be getting the bullet soon from work due to the "Virus" debacle, any "Reverse Mortgage" tips you'd care to share with the uninitiated ??
RM..........SKIP........RM.........SKIP......

·
Satans Daddy
14,009 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Do share....
Rodent might give you shit as he did me on this. LOL! The block shown has typical circular machine marks on the deck surface. The factory marks back then were more front to rear, like you might imagine a belt sander would make. I've heard that people that stamp their block actually use a belt sander to mimick those marks before stamping the bogus numbers/letters. I've also seen poor stamp jobs where it looked like someone dragged sandpaper on that pad.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Rodent might give you shit as he did me on this. LOL! The block shown has typical circular machine marks on the deck surface. The factory marks back then were more front to rear, like you might imagine a belt sander would make. I've heard that people that stamp their block actually use a belt sander to mimick those marks before stamping the bogus numbers/letters. I've also seen poor stamp jobs where it looked like someone dragged sandpaper on that pad.
Sandpaper works well if you do it right …....maybe splash a little acid on the deck surface to "age" the metal. Not that I would have any knowledge of anyone doing something like that.

·
Registered
563 Posts
ust spoke to him, he actually has 2 of them, he bought the freshened one and the original M22 and 3.73 12 bolt. He does have an untouched one that came out of his own Z28, he bought the other just to have
Someone fill me in.
I understand that no 302/Zs were equipped with '22s. The 'crushers were in high torque BB cars.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Someone fill me in.
I understand that no 302/Zs were equipped with '22s. The 'crushers were in high torque BB cars.
It was an option on any solid lifter engine in the Camaro line, so yes 302/Z28’s could be ordered with them and some were.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts