Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
39,094 Posts
I have a friend that has one, but it's the real deal, but he wouldn't sell it for a million dollars, thing is, he's probably never going to use it, he has more projects than he has time left on this earth because he's in his 70's, when he does die, his wife is going to sell all his beloved shit at scrap metal prices, he has no sons and his two nephews could careless about automotive stuff.

·
Registered
54,449 Posts
I have a friend that has one, but it's the real deal, but he wouldn't sell it for a million dollars, thing is, he's probably never going to use it, he has more projects than he has time left on this earth because he's in his 70's, when he does die, his wife is going to sell all his beloved shit at scrap metal prices, he has no sons and his two nephews could careless about automotive stuff.
Each day that passes our hobby is less and less popular. This means that old cars and parts are on a path to be worthless.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
Each day that passes our hobby is less and less popular. This means that old cars and parts are on a path to be worthless.
IMO, part of the problem is right in this ad.
Who the hell wants a junk block for $3,500? My son for example just turned 16. Has desperately wanted an older Nova, but that'll never happen on a 16 year old budget. Shit, the way the prices are, I bet you'd see a 70% jump in interest if people didn't think stuff like a junk block on it's last leg was worth $3,500
People won't sell shit rotting into the ground because they are "going to fix it someday", or those that will sell, are like above.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Tonowanda plant never built any 302’s. They only came from the Flint plant. Only the Flint plant had the equipment to produce the 2.02 intake heads. (all solid lifter motors came from the Flint plant) and should all have the Flint assembly code which is “V” not “T” for the Tonowanda plant.

·
Busy being a cunt
29,225 Posts
So what’s a real dz302 engine worth, and are early dates worth a bunch more?
Not a great deal more than your run of the mill 350 in the same condition...........But if the original car is still around $$$ :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Buddy has some weird Big Block chevy from NASCAR days......BRAND NEW. He has had it from Day 1....worked for GM race department in 60s and 70s......

1 - 20 of 53 Posts