Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are u guys using to activate the first step?? I have been thinking of just a button on the wheel, and the 2nd step on the brake. looking for some different ideas. I have heard of putting one on the brake switch but didnt like that one. thanks

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when using the brake light switch, do u have any problems with it activating while slowing down??

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can use a latching relay.....press a button then press the brake and let go of the button and the brake will hold the 12 volt signal until you let off the brake......and won't reactivate unless you press the button again. That way if you hit the brakes it won't go to the two step.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the ideas. i think im going to try the brake thing. i think that will be the best way. i have me a pretty cool setup going, but cant post any pics. the dam dog eat my cord for my camera.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Curious, what happens if you scrub the brakes a little, attempting to slow down or stop a wheelie from getting out of hand?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Curious, what happens if you scrub the brakes a little, attempting to slow down or stop a wheelie from getting out of hand?
that was one of the main reasons i was scared of using the brake lights. besides i have problems with my switch moving and the brake lights coming on down track. without even touching the pedel. but like the guy said above, I guess u could wire in wot switch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
that was one of the main reasons i was scared of using the brake lights. besides i have problems with my switch moving and the brake lights coming on down track. without even touching the pedel. but like the guy said above, I guess u could wire in wot switch.
you could always plumb in a hydraulic stop light switch instead of the button type. napa part number sl147 i think. then you don't have to worry about anything moving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts