Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While hooking my 3 stage retard up and trying to phase my dist. I learned an important lesson.The retards do not see a 12 sig to activate, they see loss of ground.I had all retard wires unhooked and tried applying the brown wire to 12v and nothing, trying to troubleshoot, timing was going crazy.A call to msd and all is well.They show putting the wire to the act. wire which is 12v but loses ground when activated.brown and orange wires are hooked to 1st and 2nd stage, grey and violet to ground,otherwise they are still active.Maybe it will help somebody.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
My step wires need to see B+ to pull timing.

The Step Retards, Burnout Revlimit, Launch Revlimit are enabled when the
corresponding wire input is switched to +12 volts. These are disabled when
left open or pulled to ground. These inputs are hardware and software
debounced to provide clean switching action of these functions.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are some of the boxes different? I definitely wouldnt want to tell somebody something incorrect. That is the only way I could get mine to work.I had a 7531 and it was wayyyyy over my head.I probably should have kept it, but its alot of extra money if you dont know how to tune it.All I was using was the retards anyway.Heck, I felt like a retard when I tried to tune it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
If you use the Digiset timers (15838) the #5 an #8 terminals are for grounds. Hook the #8 to a grounded connection an the #5 to the boxes wire that needs grounded to activate an it will work as soon as the nitrous is activated by the Digiset timer.

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
I thought you were using the 7531. My mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts