1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1 lb. ricotta cheese
1 lg. egg, beaten
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained & squeezed very dry
8 oz. or more shredded Mozzarella cheese
8 oz. lasagna noodles (9)
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese

In a heavy pan, lightly brown the ground beef and sausage with onion. Drain excess fat. Mash tomatoes and add to meat mixture. Add tomato paste, chopped pepperoni, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic powder, pepper, oregano and basil. Simmer, uncovered about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, cook noodles as directed on package; drain; float them in kettle of cold water to keep them from sticking together; set aside.

Combine ricotta cheese, beat in egg and drained prepared spinach; set aside.

Spread about 1 cup of the cooked meat sauce in the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan, pressing any broken ones together to form a strip. Add another layer of sauce and spoonfuls of the cheese, egg, spinach mixture, spreading lightly with the back of the spoon. Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese. Repeat, ending with a topping of sauce, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes or until top is browned and bubbling freely. Remove from oven and allow to stand 20 minutes before serving.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
whats the 3rd meat? dog or cat or camel?:smt077

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
Ya beat me to it.....I was gonna say where's the THIRD meat.......I only see two..........LOL

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Monty. that sounds tasty. It would probably be cheaper than the sweet Italian and hot Italian sausage I use and probably less greasy.

You recipe and mine are about the same. I cheat and use small curd cottage cheese instead of ricotta and a good dash of sweet red pepper flakes and dash of marjoram. I also go with two eggs for firmer end product. I hate when it falls apart dishing it out.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
1/2 c. coarsely chopped pepperoni

And these are two guys who argue politics on a regular basis
huh? the only thing I argue about is why do we still have a puppet running our country?

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
1/2 c. coarsely chopped pepperoni

And these are two guys who argue politics on a regular basis
I think you sneaked that pepperoni in later!!!! That was NOT there the first time I read it!!!!

·
RIDIN' DA SHORT BUS
19,968 Posts
LOL I would only sneak it in if you were bent over.. Trust me it was there the whole time..
ROFLMAO.......well dammit, it shoulda been grouped with the other meats!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts