Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should have been a little more detailed. 3 link like in a S197 chassis. But how about some fast ET with a tq arm also.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Sorry, I should have been a little more detailed. 3 link like in a S197 chassis. But how about some fast ET with a tq arm also.
Then you don't want my car as an example it's a turd lol.

Justin Smith has been 4.79 and 4.78 respectively in both his cars with 60' in the 1.13-1.16 range consistently.

A lot of the ODR cars run a torque arm set-up also.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Donald Long's (or Puddin's old blue mustang) S197 has a true 3 link in the rear of it. They've been 7.0 at 200+ in the 1/4 mile and low 4.6's in the 1/8 with it. Twin turbo BBC on 315 radials.

I know it has a true 3 link (panhard bar and all) because we've done some work on the rear suspension.

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Donald Long's (or Puddin's old blue mustang) S197 has a true 3 link in the rear of it. They've been 7.0 at 200+ in the 1/4 mile and low 4.6's in the 1/8 with it. Twin turbo BBC on 315 radials.

I know it has a true 3 link (panhard bar and all) because we've done some work on the rear suspension.

Is the upper arm in the stock location?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Yep, upper and lower were in the stock location on the frame at the time of all they're runs, just welded and reinforced by whoever originally built the car. We recently welded in one of Racecrafts race-style upper mounts with a stronger upper arm, and put in a wishbone to get rid of the PHB, but Donald hasn't been out with the car since doing those upgrades.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I think it works pretty good. There's also a guy w/ a white turbo one that runs X275 in Maryland or somewhere around there. I believe his is also stock suspension and runs pretty good on 275s.

I think Rhodes is in the process of building one too... and there's no doubt that one will be a player.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Anyone have a video or link to this car?

·
Stock Suspension FTW!
1,661 Posts
We installed a new upper control arm mount last year after they hurt the stock one at SGMP. Other then that incident the car has worked pretty well using the 3-link.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts