Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
i'm building my car to run in our local drag radial class. i'll be runnin the 325's. we are not allowed progressives but can run as many kits as we want. i'm runnin a 13.5:1 406 sbc with bmf 268 heads. 1050. glidden intake. powerglide 3100 lbs etc etc. I would have only been running the speedtech 2 stage plate but was wondering if it'd go quicker for our crappy track to run 3 kits?? and if 3 kits would be quicker I want a fogger from steve J. does a fogger go well with 2 stages from a plate? if it does work which kit would be best to run first?
this is a new class but I think the turbo cars have an advantage already. we race at 4500+ ft ha ha. dunno what to expect ET wise outa my car but a few of the turbo cars have run 165mph (not class legal though but still)

btw the 7531 IS legal but it'd take me years to figure it out. I will have one but for the sake of actually running before I figure it out I think 3 kits is the way to go.

thanks

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,931 Posts
i would run the fogger first seeing it will make more power then fase in the plate setup over the run..use the 7531 box or use some timers and go from there..once you get in a clean run keep it and plot your dots from that run like 100rpms above that way if a run starts going to shit do to traction issues the box will catch it and you will still be able to make a decent pass and get rd's

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Damn you guys are up late !!! Or did you get up early to make the first post ??? ;) Multi stages is an advantage when it comes to bad tracks. Also, there are several other advantages as well that will help performance regardless of conditions... Direct port systems will be better then a plate, but you could use the plate as a part of the set up.. Give a shout if you would like to talk about all this.. Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hadn't gone to bed yet. busy breaking into my buddy's duramax. locked keys in it.

anyway. our track really isn't too good. that's why i'm leaning towards 3 kits. I would love to run high 8's at 4500 ft @ 3100 lbs.

not sure how much spray i'll need to run in the 8's here. guessing a lot.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Blaze em up! Steve did an punisher system for me that will have that plus 2 foggers on a sbc. As he said, multiple systems give you options on a bad track as well as a good track. The caveat is that as you add another system, from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 (or 4!) the mixture is much more critical!

On a limited traction car with a plate and 2 foggers, I try to leave on a small shot with the plate to control wheel speed, then turn the other two foggers on as soon as traction dictates.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what if its not 2 foggers? just one and 2 stages off a plate? fogger last?
doing fogger first seems pointless in my situation. use two tiny shots from plate then a big one from fogger seems good. am I right?
thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
what if its not 2 foggers? just one and 2 stages off a plate? fogger last?
doing fogger first seems pointless in my situation. use two tiny shots from plate then a big one from fogger seems good. am I right?
thanks
That is how I would do it on a stock suspension car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts