Its a shame but at least they were not classics

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Hotel? At the show?

·
Registered
356 Posts
If it were mine, parking anywhere out side of home or track, I’d disable the car. A simple hidden switch to kill power To either the cranking or fuel. Do what you can to minimize the chance of thieves getting your stuff. I hate seeing these things. You all know the effort to have nice rides.

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
Unfort. they are out there, waiting to follow you to a motel, home, etc, just for the chance
to take cars, trailers, etc. Dam shame

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
If it were mine, parking anywhere out side of home or track, I’d disable the car. A simple hidden switch to kill power To either the cranking or fuel. Do what you can to minimize the chance of thieves getting your stuff. I hate seeing these things. You all know the effort to have nice rides.
If only it was that easy. Problem is flat beds and bold thieves.

When I am out on the road I sleep in or next to the car. Had one taken right out of my yard years ago. Not going to go thru that again.

·
Premium Member
15,236 Posts
Let me clarify my position, period correct wheels, vehicles would still be in the hotel parking lot. Stupid wheels, gold teeth, think about it.

·
Banned
8,971 Posts
2 sets of torque thrusts, and 2 sets of pro touring wheels.

you're a fucking idiot.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Those G Body columns were so bad and easy to steal it was a known defect and very common on them. Had a group hit a parking garage in St Louis back in 1990 all they stole was G Body GM cars. Had a friend got his Monte SS stolen that night in the parking garage. The cameras showed a group of 4 ride in and take 3 cars and gone. My GN was in the same garage but up on the top floor and they never went that far up. Got lucky.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
This happens every year so you would think that these hotels would offer a special parking area for these cars with increased security.

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Russia..

the russians love mid 80s chevrolets... they are all over Russia and its the organized crime families that own them..

screw in slide hammer and the ignition switch is accessed..isnt that the technique on these columns?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Those G Body columns were so bad and easy to steal it was a known defect and very common on them. Had a group hit a parking garage in St Louis back in 1990 all they stole was G Body GM cars. Had a friend got his Monte SS stolen that night in the parking garage. The cameras showed a group of 4 ride in and take 3 cars and gone. My GN was in the same garage but up on the top floor and they never went that far up. Got lucky.
Isnt that the same column (the top part anyways) that GM used on all RWD cars/trucks ?

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,642 Posts
The columns on G bodies are super easy to crack. Once you crack open the sorry excuse of diecast metal, you can be outta there in seconds.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts