Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Curious to hear how it goes. Looking forward to it. :smt023

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
I don't get it, isn't that apples to oranges? Bill Elliot was in a "stock car" and this is a DP?
Exactly.plus frpp doesn't do these gimics without knowing they are going to beat it.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess 210 is a track record, though I could be mistaken. Maybe it's a little internal competition for Ford itself.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was to young to remember or really know what was what when Elliot set the record. But really guys, what the hell was "stock" about his car. They are as "stock" now as they were then. I guess I'm one of the few that thinks a car with doors on it and powered by an American made V6 that they are even hinting at going well over 200 mph is pretty damn cool.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I agree very cool, but put that engine in a new style (gen 6) cup car and go after the record, that'd be a fairer comparison.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool yes, in anyway a fair comparison to a cup car from 25 years ago, I don't think so.

I don't think the point is to see if they can beat Elliot's lap as much as it is to establish the V6 Ecoboost powerplant as the fastest at Daytona. That is if they get it done. I'm not counting any eggs before they hatch.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are they saying this one will get 22mpg also ?:rolleyes:
That raises an interesting question. Will this engine do better on fuel than the current N/A V8's in competition. It very well could and that could be an advantage. That is if the sanctioning body let's them keep an advantage.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By July - Bobby Allison and His Buick were smacking the T bird around

Was that the Miller Light gold Buick? Ahh yes great mount and a great driver. Bobby won the first Nascar race I ever attended. I think it was `78 when he won in Bud Moore's T-Bird. That was a cool race.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Can we get a SVT street version of this TTEB coupe??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts