Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's peoples preference in the 1/4 Glide or T400 ?
Car is 3200lbs with 850hp SBF and 4-500 shot 275 radial
Have 1.8 first gear glide with 3.9s at the moment and with old combo which was 700hp and 350 shot went [email protected] 160mph
Hoping with new combo it might knock on the door of 7s
I know with the 1/8 most like 1.62 first gear glides but I don't think I could run 4.3s in the back and being 3200lbs I don't see it working
Dont really have the budget for a big dollar close ratio T400 but might be able to do a 2.1 first T400 or do I stick with the glide ?
Any suggestions ?

·
I kill parts
9,895 Posts
Close ratio 3 has proven faster even in the 1/8 mile for us and many others, if geared steep enough to run out that next half of the track I definitely wouldn't want to only have 2 gears. The 400 gearsets aren't cheap though, and if you already have a pretty good glide that can be a tough hit to the wallet. All comes down to "speed costs, how fast can you afford to go?".

Either way the converter is the biggest key to optimizing it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close ratio 3 has proven faster even in the 1/8 mile for us and many others, if geared steep enough to run out that next half of the track I definitely wouldn't want to only have 2 gears. The 400 gearsets aren't cheap though, and if you already have a pretty good glide that can be a tough hit to the wallet. All comes down to "speed costs, how fast can you afford to go?".

Either way the converter is the biggest key to optimizing it.
Yeah i don't think a close ratio T400 is in the budget but because of the rear gears i need to run for 1/4 mile would i be better with even a std gear T400 ?
Converter will be PTC bolt together regardless of which way i go

·
I kill parts
9,895 Posts
Possibly. The 2.48 1st gear tends to make for a lot of SLR even with steep rear gears. - We have used it and it worked, but was a 33x10.5w tire and is the only time I've used an air shifter so the 1-2 could be timed inside of 1 sec off the transbrake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts