Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can u top this ? And yes this is a true story. I had my 88 coupe loaded up on my ghetto trailer that I've posted about before and was pulling it with my 01 Superduty. I picked up this girl for our 2nd date and we headed to cecil to meet a few buddies for a friday night test and tune. My car ran pretty good first pass and we all were having a good time and then it went down hill. I sprayed the car the next pass and something wasn't quite right. I shut the car off and coasted to the timeslip booth, grabbed my ticket and cranked my car over. That's when I heard the hissing, I let off the ignition but it was too late BOOM !!! The car started and was revving to the moon, I dumped the clutch and killed the ignition. Scared the shit out of me and the people working the ticket booth. I bent the throttle blade and blew the airbox to hell and the filter went MIA. I as able to get the car loaded up and we all went to Mickey D's in elkton . As we were leaving there the back of my trailer scraped pretty bad but no big deal. I caught the next light and my friend pulled up beside me in his chevy truck and revved it a few times. The light turned green and we were both off. My truck took off kinda slow then all of a sudden really took off. Oh shit !! the trailer came off the ball ( I thought as it was late and really dark ). I quickly stopped and started to back up when I heard a loud bang ! What had happend was that when I left Mcdonalds my trailer scraped and cut my straps so when I stopped at a light my car rolled forward enough that the hood on the front strap fell off. When I took off at the light the car rolled off the trailer and when I backed up I jacknifed the trailer, bend my reciever and blew out my truck tire. Luckily my friends were able to quickly get my car off the road before anyone hit it and since the trailer was so low it didn't have a scratch on it . So were changing my truck tire and the cops show up ( oh yeah my trailer isn't tagged ). No biggie they are pretty cool and don't say anything about it. It's so late by now that we just crash at my place, only to be woked up the next morning by my ex wife banging at the door !! She was cracked up and I hadn't seen her for months ! My parents and buddy came over, talk about some fireworks !! I never thought I'd see a third date with the girl but here we are 8 years later married with children !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
And just WHAT would you do different next time?

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Hell, the worse thing I've ever had to deal with on my second date is rather or not to use a rubber.....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's hilarious, not the part about your car rolling off but the rest is good, congrats on your 8 years:p

It's all good, my trailer is so low , probably only and inch or 2 off the ground that the car just rolled off the back and didn't hurt anything. The only damage was a bent reciever and a bent truck rim .

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,612 Posts
must have been the most excitement that small town girl ever witnessed in a single day. She married you so she wouldnt get bored.........lol

just kidding cool story

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Damn dude, that's alot stuff going wrong mighty fast! Congrats on the 8yrs though. It's awesome she stuck with you after a date like that!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts