Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my data logger up and running and was checking voltage with everything on. About 12.7 volts with nothing on, with both fuel pumps, fan, water pump, ignition, and solenoids powered voltage is dropped all the way back to 11 volts. How low is too low? Would a second battery or alternator be a better choice. I charge between rounds because I usually run the fan and water pump and use a NOS bottle heater?

·
T/S 368E
35,352 Posts

I've done it both ways. If you have the room & don't care about every .001 on ET.
I've been starting to agree more & more with the alt. guys. I really like the idea of having full power going down the track.
Now, on my fast car, single 16V. Dual N2O, data recorder, elect shifter, pumps, ect. No issues ever.
Never really hot lap, like a bracket car might either. Good luck get everyone to agree on this??

Forgot, my heaters are 110V also.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
If you are 12volts you should have an alternator, it should pick you up some ET/mph over just a single battery. If you want to stay with just batteries I suggest going to 16volt, as 1 or 2 12volt batteries wont give your MSD what it needs for higher rpm. MSD type ignitions like voltage and perform far better at 14 volts than 11.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts