Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for picts of gen 4 f bodys, stock suspension, with 295s, please also post wheel size and backspace, Thanks

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
whats going on here..............

on a 10in rim you want a 6.5bs. as for how it sits, it will look just like my 3rd gen unless you narrow the rear and push the wheel in. then youll have to get a super fancy tq arm so you can lower the car down over the tire. mine wouldnt go much lower as the tq arm would hit the floor on a bump

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Gen 3 and 4 have the same factory width rear end?
late 3rd gens do, earier ones are i think 2in narrower. but as we all know 7.5in rears are junk. so order a narrower 9in and run a 5.5 or 6.5in bs.
body width is the same between the two

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
what width rear do you plan on using and how do you want it to sit on the tire.

stock 4th gen with a 6.5 bs will sit level with the outer edge of the wheel well. a 3rd gen width with a 6.5 will sit like mine just inside the wheel lip. 1badrz28 has his narrowed and runs a 5.5bs and his sits like mine. if you run a 4th gen width and a 7.5bs you can get it down over the tire

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna have a custom 9" , just curious on what people are running for wheel size and backspace with stock suspension. And picts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here's my 4gen on a Tucked 295/65/15. 15x10 rim with 5.5bs. 9" narrowed 3" per side. Stock suspension, with offset control arms.

·
Registered
958 Posts
4th gen rearends are 2 inches wider then 3rd gen rear ends. The offset is 1 inch deeper for 4th gen rims. This is all considering that you are using factory width housings.

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
the one here has a 7.5 back 10" wide wheel with a 30x9 hoosier radial slick. should be pretty close to the same size as a 295..... stock width strange 12 bolt with a s&w torque arm , strange shocks....want to say we applied a little bfh to the inner tub area , had to cut front and rear of the opening. also gotta run a awb ;)...those edges will flat distroy a tire in the first 60':rolleyes:

·
Duct Tape and WD-40
3,755 Posts
fwiw, i mini tubbed our 4th gen, nd acut the stock width 12 bolt down 2-5/8" on each side. a 315 on a 10 inch wheel with 6.5 of backspacing looks really good on it i think. thats with offset control arms and a bmr extreme tq arm. maybe not a 295, but the 295/65 and a 315/60 are within a half inch or so of each other and the 316 is about 1.5" wider.

·
Registered
417 Posts
cut 5.5 off each side and run a 3" back space rim 10" wide . In my sig you can see my car That is with a 29.5 10.5 slick Offset lowers and home made tq arm .

·
Registered
169 Posts
How much body plastic/metal had to be cut at the fender edge. Have a good friend looking to fit this size also.
Roll the pinchweld, hammer the rocker a little and trim the bumper cover about an 1" to 1.5". I have just enough to keep the tire from rubbing. I'm on DR's so they don't grow as much as a slick will.

Jordan. That's a clean camaro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts