Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of mini tubbing my mustang and shortening the rear end. I would like to fit in the largest tire possible and was considering the 29.5x10.5 W. I test fitted my friends 29.5x10.5 non W on a 10" rim in the car with no major clearance issues but does anyone have any measurements with this tire on a 12" rim?
Thx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 29.5x10.5 Stiff is 15.5 inches wide sidewall to sidewall on a 12" rim, not sure on the W.
Wow, thats alot wider than the advertised 13.2" sidewall width mounted on a 10" rim. Has anyone had any issues stuffing in 29.5x10.5W's in a fox with offset control arms and mini tubs. It doesn't look like I will be able to get the car down on the tire very far at all with that wide of tire. Sounds like the W on a 12" rim is going to measure close to 16" sidewall to sidewall.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 29W on a 12" rim will fit a mini tub if the frame is notched.
And no issues with the LCA as long as its offset? Does anyone have any pics of the 29W tucked under a fox. Curious how I will be able to get the car to sit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at my avatar 29,5 10 w minitub offset LCA Team Z
Are the team z offset LCA's only offset on the diff side? Looking at the pictures, the Wolfe offsets are on both ends and look like they would give more clearance. P.S fastlx could you post some pics of your car?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
29.5x10.5 stiff sidewall on a 12" wheel with a 6" backspace. Rearend is narrowed 2" ea. side from stock width. Frame is notched w/ coilovers and Outlaw style ladder bars. Stock tubs removed completely, full tubs installed to get the lower stance...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
29.5x10.5 stiff sidewall on a 12" wheel with a 6" backspace. Rearend is narrowed 2" ea. side from stock width. Frame is notched w/ coilovers and Outlaw style ladder bars. Stock tubs removed completely, full tubs installed to get the lower stance...
Your car looks good. Do you have any more room in there to fit the W tire or is that pretty much max the way it is?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My section width with the beadlock wheels is around 14.75". I have a little room from the sidewall to the notch. My notch isn't as deep as it could have been, it could be moved in about another 3/4"...

When we first mini-tubbed my car, we keep the factory outer section of the wheel tubs, we installed the typical cookie cutter wheel tub kit. This limited how far we could sit the car down with the 29.5" tall tire...

I decided to rip the tubs out and install a full tub that was taller and went all the over to the quarters. This gave me the height I needed to sit the car down...

You should be able to get the section width under your car with a deep notch on the frame rails and using the correct backspace wheel. With stock suspenion, you'll need an offset lower control arm. The stock outer portion of the factory tubs will limit how far you can get the tire up inside the car...

Let me know if you need some additional pics, I should be able to dig them up and I could send them to you...

John

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My section width with the beadlock wheels is around 14.75". I have a little room from the sidewall to the notch. My notch isn't as deep as it could have been, it could be moved in about another 3/4"...

When we first mini-tubbed my car, we keep the factory outer section of the wheel tubs, we installed the typical cookie cutter wheel tub kit. This limited how far we could sit the car down with the 29.5" tall tire...

I decided to rip the tubs out and install a full tub that was taller and went all the over to the quarters. This gave me the height I needed to sit the car down...

You should be able to get the section width under your car with a deep notch on the frame rails and using the correct backspace wheel. With stock suspenion, you'll need an offset lower control arm. The stock outer portion of the factory tubs will limit how far you can get the tire up inside the car...

Let me know if you need some additional pics, I should be able to dig them up and I could send them to you...

John
Thx for the pics, any more would be helpful as well if you have some. What size are those ET streets? Are they the sames size as the 29.5 10.5W ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thx for the pics, any more would be helpful as well if you have some. What size are those ET streets? Are they the sames size as the 29.5 10.5W ?
I've had several tires on my car with the current set-up. I've had ET Street's, ET Drag's and Drag Radial's.

The M/T ET Streets in the earlier pics were 30x12.5x15's, on a 12" wheel, it measured 14.25" section width. The advertised section width on the ET Street's w/ a 10" wheel is 13.3", the W's are 13.6" on the same 10" wheel.

Here's a few with Drag Radial's...

315/60 Drag Radial on a 11" wheel w/ 5.5" backspace...

295/65 Drag Radial on a 11" wheel w/ 5.5" backspace...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mounted a 29.5x10.5S on my new 12" rims for mock up and clearance measurements. They measure 14.25" sidewall to sidewall. Will end up going with the W's as they are only 14 7/8 wide. So there's some more measurements if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yup, finally got the car here and measured them today. Your spot on. Mine show about 14 13/16. They only had about 8lbs of air though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts